Diesel Place banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post to this forum, although I have been lurking for about 2 months. Made the jump from an 02 Chev 8.1L to a new LBZ (see sig and pics). So far I am really impressed and I love the truck. Odometer reads 2600 miles, have had it for about a month now. Mileage is around 17 on the freeway and 13 or so around town. So far I have had no problems and I am experiencing none of the squeeks and stuff others are talking about. Can't wait until the weather gets better so I can hook up the travel trailer and see what all the talk about pulling with a diesel is about!

Thanks to everyone on this forum, they sure made it easy to spend 42K, and I sure am glad I did so far!

·
Bac To The Future
23,008 Posts
Welcome welcome welcome......:thumb:

Nice truck!

·
Registered
387 Posts
Do what I did and just hook up the TT and take her for a ride just for the hell of it. I did and loved it though the wife thought it was a little over the top just to see how it towed

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
Great looking truck!:cool2:

Judging from everything I've read so far, you are going to really enjoy pulling your TT with it.:ro)

I'm just looking for any excuse to tow something with mine.:exactly:

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Nice! What size are those tires?
To small.... 265/75R/16 They are my studded winter tires. I do a LOT of driving in the snow around here and the studs come in handy for dodging other stupid people on the roads. Some day I will probably do a mild lift and larger tires, but for now the accountant says I have pretty much maxed out the writeoff for 2006.....

Do what I did and just hook up the TT and take her for a ride just for the hell of it.
Well I did hook it up and drug it into Milican Valley just for the hell of it (about 15 miles one way), could not wait any longer. I did not have the canopy or the brake controller yet, and I did not use any of the WD hitch, just hooked her up to the ball and away I went. The truck had more power than the 02 8.1 gasser had, but not as much difference as I would have thought. Maybe now that the canopy is on it will cut down the wind resistance and it will be more impressive. The real surprise was how well the suspension handled the trailer compared to the 02. I think the new truck handled the trailer better with nothing hooked up than the 02 did with all the hitch goodies. I am looking forward to getting on the road for a vacation period and really seeing what the new combo will be like.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
You need a new accountant. There is no such thing as maxing out business deductions on a business vehicle. Welcome to the madness, and greetings from another Central Oregon member.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You need a new accountant. There is no such thing as maxing out business deductions on a business vehicle. Welcome to the madness, and greetings from another Central Oregon member.
I know that, but in reality, I need deductions for next year as well. Maybe the lift comes then???

Hey, looking at your name, are you in real estate by any chance? Might just know you, Bend is still not that big???

1 - 9 of 9 Posts