Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If the trucks (LMM) that are coming out between mid Feb. and on are 2007.5 models, then when are we to expect the 2008? Im thinking orders could be taken sometime around August. Just a thought anyone have input on that or maybe some GM people with the inside info. I just want to know, since I am ready to spend the $$$ for a new duramax but would be pissed if a newer one came out a few months later.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I really don't have any GM inside info,YET, BUT i would say that the LMN "900" trucks will be here quite awhile because of their being the newest engine. The 2008 will probaly be built after the Changeover in July & any new redesign - especially the body part of it - will be changed then. Howard

·
Registered
159 Posts
Do you guys thinks that GM is really going to change any exterior or interior features specially the motor for 2008 after is taking them so long to come up with the 2007? I doubt it.
howard_m18;1560797; said:
I really don't have any GM inside info,YET, BUT i would say that the LMN "900" trucks will be here quite awhile because of their being the newest engine. The 2008 will probaly be built after the Changeover in July & any new redesign - especially the body part of it - will be changed then. Howard

·
Banned
720 Posts
yeh if enough people stomp and piss and moan about the ugly front bumper and the colorado fenders they may make improvements like a bumper on the gmc set up or the regular 1500 z71 painted bumber

·
Registered
159 Posts
' You're right that's why I chose black so that I can get all that chrome powdered coated asap I'm sure it won't be hard to match black other than silvet birch, or any of the other colors. If you take a look at the 1500's is not the bumpers painted is just plastic painted covers at least both cornes
catch03;1561213; said:
yeh if enough people stomp and piss and moan about the ugly front bumper and the colorado fenders they may make improvements like a bumper on the gmc set up or the regular 1500 z71 painted bumber

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Larger Tires

I heard rumors about 17" dually tire and 18" SRW tire available for 2008.

·
Registered
24 Posts
MTU alum;1562327; said:
I heard rumors about 17" dually tire and 18" SRW tire available for 2008.
Thats B/s... I had a Dodge with 17 on it and the cost way up there.. They need to stick with the 16's..

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I was just asking because I have the worst luck when it comes to buying things. I always take my time, you know doing the research and deciding to buy something. Then a lil while after, the new one comes out. I mean even if it is the same truck but the model year is a 2008 in august of september of this year, I will wait.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I was at dealer yesterday getting a service refund for the botch they did on my radio programming and they do not expect to see the 2500 or 3500 till May

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
smoking;1562367; said:
Thats B/s... I had a Dodge with 17 on it and the cost way up there.. They need to stick with the 16's..
16's will be standard and 18's will be optional on SRW. I believe the 17" will replace the 16" on the DRW.

·
Registered
258 Posts
MTU alum;1562515; said:
16's will be standard and 18's will be optional on SRW. I believe the 17" will replace the 16" on the DRW.
depending on the trim level. The only way you'd get the 18's (if they follow the others) is on the Z71 package. I built a 3500SRW LTZ on line and it had the 17" rims. (and 265's)
I can see the 16's on the base level, like it was stated before the larger rim makes the cost go UP for a tire.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts