Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 lb7 which is stock except I just put a banks monster exhaust turbo back in. I now have a high weird vibration on the truck that wasn"t there before. . I called banks and they said to check for tightness .my muffler guy rechecked it, (he a good guy) and seems ok .Is this what they call droning. How to stop it? thanks

·
Registered
225 Posts
I have a 2004 lb7 which is stock except I just put a banks monster exhaust turbo back in. I now have a high weird vibration on the truck that wasn"t there before. . I called banks and they said to check for tightness .my muffler guy rechecked it, (he a good guy) and seems ok .Is this what they call droning. How to stop it? thanks
I've got the Banks exhaust too and no vibrations. I'll assume it's a new kit with the redesigned muffler. In any case, make sure nothing is rubbing against the frame or something and that the hangers are all used and with equal load - that could be the vibration.

'Droning' is a bad resonance at certain RPM's that will drive your passengers nuts. This sounds like an install problem to me.

--Rob

·
Registered
288 Posts
Had Banks on for a year and a half, no drone just a neet rapping sound when you push it a little. I'm very happy with it.

·
Registered
7,698 Posts
Had Banks on for a year and a half, no drone just a neet rapping sound when you push it a little. I'm very happy with it.
Same here.
JP

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
it can be stoped easily by putting the stock stuff back and and not wasting money on useless mods
that was uncalled for...
check the install and make sure its not touching anything as already stated.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Moved to: Fuel System, Air, & Exhaust Upgrades Forum

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.