Diesel Place banner

21 - 40 of 2066 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I added the new programming this morning and tried it over my lunch hour. Defininte difference in power and smoothness of shifting. Level 3 seems to have more power and is just as smooth as the old level 2. Level 4 is just plain awesome. From a roll in 2nd gear you get a pretty good puff of smoke them you are GONE. It dosen't seem defuel hardly at all in the 3 or 4 times i went thru the gears. I am very happy with the new programming. Nice work Buck.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Great to hear!! I just got my EVO this weekend and I already have an update. Great work!

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
No, it's nothing special or specific to the EVO. I had one that was for an old digital camera that worked.

·
Registered
612 Posts
OOOOhhh OOOOhhh, I want to play!!!:cool: :RockOn:

But it looks like I am going to get the pleasure of working a double today.:mad: Censored :banghead: :cussing:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Duramaxfreak;1884412; said:
I bought my Evo used and it didn't come with the usb plug. Bought one at Radio Shack but it doesn't work. Do I need a special one from Edge. Would really like to update. Thanks guys
Trying calling Tech Support and see what they can do for you.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Just drove my truck on lvl 4. Supposedly boost was increased and egts are supposed to be lower. NOT . I got on the truck hard unloaded in second gear and egts shot up to 1300 in no time. Highest boost i saw was 26psi. I reset my avg econ in the DIC and my mileage seems a little higher, but i'll have to hand calculate to know for sure. I did notice that throttle response is better at low rpms. Also, edge guys, the txt "tire size" is garbled on the screen to change the tire size.

·
Registered
15 Posts
You're right on the egt's I saw the same numbers but for a short period of time 1300 is not going to destroy your turbo. As for the boost, I suspect that there is some "fooling" going on similar to a boost stick and the Evo is only reading what the truck's ECM is telling it to read. An actual boost gauge would probably tell a different story. Did you notice smoother shifting on level 4?

·
Registered
246 Posts
didnt get any defueling at all but i didnt try the 1-2 shift. other gears actually feel a little more firm than the last version. the last version shifted a little too smooth compared to stock at wot.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I ran level 4 today, and it is a major improvement over the old tunes. It builds boost much quicker- hardly and lag anymore and it shifts fine. I never saw anything over 1100 as far as EGTS. And I ran the hell out of it a couple of times. Should be able to try level 2 with a 10k load this week. Good work buck

·
Registered
233 Posts
if I buy an evo used, is there any problem with me getting the updates????

·
Registered
15 Posts
Duramaxfreak;1884490; said:
Can someone tell me in basic directions how to update? Not very good with computers. Thanks

See the "Edge Evolution" string, go a couple of pages back and read the posts from yesterday 'til today. It should walk you thru it, it did for me.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
As luck would have it I am out of town when the new update comes out :cool: . Curiosity just might kill me before Friday when I get back home. I have a couple of questions for you lucky guys that have updated.
1. Can you recalibrate for tire size in the stock setting?
2. Is there a way to turn off the egr diagnostics?
3. Hasanyone driven it enough to know if the "economy" tune is netting better mpg?

·
Registered
781 Posts
Tried lvl 4 out on the way to work today. Power seems real nice, not sure if it's more than the old lvl 3 or not. But it seemed to smoke more than the old lvl 3.
Shifts do seem more firm which is nice.

·
Registered
280 Posts
so which is a more powerful and better tuner the evo or the juice? i have a early juice (Ser. #173) and wondering if it needs any updating.

·
Registered
280 Posts
joe_zrt;1884880; said:
so which is a more powerful and better tuner the evo or the juice? i have a early juice (Ser. #173) and wondering if it needs any updating.
...differences

·
Registered
246 Posts
just ran my truck again coming out to eat. i got on it hard from a stop in tow haul mode. had a little defuel on first three shifts then backed off then looked at egts and the were going haywire. is the programming bad or is my probe already dead? what is it with this thing? i thought stuff like this was supposed to be more reliable.

21 - 40 of 2066 Posts