Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 2066 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a new LBZ Evolution update. Firmware version 2.50.2943. Calibration version 1.17.2947. This will include the new MainOS support, new tuning, and another power level.
Level 1 = Economy (should have improved), level 2 = Towing, level 3 = Performance, level 4 = Extreme. EGTs should be lower, with higher boost.
- Jay

·
Registered
455 Posts
What do you man by extreme as far as boost hp/tq..And by the way "THANK YOU' for the new update

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
KWnotPete;1882884; said:
What do you man by extreme as far as boost hp/tq..And by the way "THANK YOU' for the new update
I will let Buck comment tomorrow (it's after hours right now) on his tuning because I wont do them justice, but you will see increased boost and lower EGTs. HP should be at least a 100 increase for the Extreme level.
- Jay

·
Banned
2,516 Posts
I just tried to Download the new update and it said it's Unstable and to only download with Edge's permission and to call them.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mad Maxx;1882990; said:
I just tried to Download the new update and it said it's Unstable and to only download with Edge's permission and to call them.
It says Unstable because we just wanted to monitor how many people are updating the Evolutions. Go ahead and update it.
- Jay

·
Registered
380 Posts
My update failed. It says the stock file does not match the stock name count and to contact tech support.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Coghlin;1883090; said:
My update failed. It says the stock file does not match the stock name count and to contact tech support.
After clicking OK, will it let you update? If so, then go ahead and update it. I'll check tomorrow on why it might be doing that.
- Jay

·
Registered
380 Posts
Also, in the alerts section when you go to change the preset value to something different the title is all garbled. I updated my programmer to the new tunes but I am not going to try yet.

·
Registered
380 Posts
It updated when I just told it to ignore. Similar to the last set of updates in January.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Changed my mind and loaded the extreme tune in anyhow.

·
Registered
380 Posts
If you just say no to the questions it will update and it programmed fine on the truck. I will try it on the way to work tomorrow.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
cumminstrokthis;1883142; said:
Damn, still didnt work. Yes the vehicle is returned to stock. (someone will have to ask)
I think I know what's happening. Lightning is thinking that your stock files aren't TRUELY stock files and if you said YES to the box that popped up, then it made your Evolution into a 'Stockwriter', which it's sole purpose is to get your truck back to true stock (safety measure we take so that you don't try to stack our tuning on top of someone else's). If you were to hook your Evo back onto the truck, the EVO will ask you to press Enter to program your truck back to stock. After pressing enter, the EVO will program your truck back to stock and you should be able to update the EVO again just fine. Sorry if that's a big answer, but you should be able to solve your problem in 10 minutes.
Coghlin is right. When you first plug your EVO into Lightning, click on NO to the first box that appears. Then you should be able to update your EVO just fine. I'll fix this tomorrow.
- Jay

·
Registered
443 Posts
bbjones56;1883168; said:
I think I know what's happening. Lightning is thinking that your stock files aren't TRUELY stock files and if you said YES to the box that popped up, then it made your Evolution into a 'Stockwriter', which it's sole purpose is to get your truck back to true stock (safety measure we take so that you don't try to stack our tuning on top of someone else's). If you were to hook your Evo back onto the truck, the EVO will ask you to press Enter to program your truck back to stock. After pressing enter, the EVO will program your truck back to stock and you should be able to update the EVO again just fine. Sorry if that's a big answer, but you should be able to solve your problem in 10 minutes.
Coghlin is right. When you first plug your EVO into Lightning, click on NO to the first box that appears. Then you should be able to update your EVO just fine. I'll fix this tomorrow.
- Jay
Thats exactly what I did. Thanks alot. Can't wait to try it out.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Question, did you guys add extra boost in all the levels or just for lvl 4?

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Zick;1883412; said:
Question, did you guys add extra boost in all the levels or just for lvl 4?
I added boost to all level at all altitudes. Also you should notice less smoke with more power. I hope they work out for you.

1 - 20 of 2066 Posts