Diesel Place banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I guess that I am in the market. Not really, but I may not be able to pass up this deal. Just curious if there are some real world experiences with these vehicles.

I am looking at a 2004 Chevy Trailblazer. It has 76,000 miles on it. It is the regular cab, 2 row seating. LT package. 4WD with the 4.2L and auto start. Sharp looking truck and very clean. Dealer let me see underneath it last night while it was on the hoist. The underside is VERY clean! No oil seapage around the rear differential, no oil seapage around the oil pan or transmission pan. In fact, I wonder if the thing even had oil in it!!!!!!! It is very clean!

Inside is the same.

I am pretty sure that I can get them down to 11,000 on it. They just got it in. They were going to set it at 13,800. But my dad has bought 10 vehicles through them so we get a pretty decent discount. It helps to that my dad is going to purchase a brand new Subaru from them when the new 09's come out in March.

Any feedback on the Trailblazers?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Have a friend that has a black one. It looks good and the 4.2 has descent power but not sure about milage. Your getting a pretty good deal, snatch it up while you can.

·
Commissioner Gordon
5,139 Posts
Co-worker has an '03 with 80k on it, no issues at all mechanicly. Last week it crapped out a window motor, but that was an easy fix.

Are you sure it's an '04????? It could be an '04 Trailblazer with an '03 title and an '06 engine with a '00 trans :D

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
*ROTFL* Yea, amen to that one! So far it all appears to be true! This one I am looking at is at a more "reputable" dealer though! :D

But knowing my luck..........

·
Registered
108 Posts
I had an 02 that i bought new. The only problems i had was the stock radio died 2 under warranty. I also had a d/s rear window regulator go bad. It ran great got about 20mpg and had good trade in value when i traded it in.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I picked it up yesterday. Sat with the sales person for about 2 and a half hours. They went down to 11,200 on the truck and I got an extended 3 year warranty for $1800. And I was wrong on the milage. It is just a few miles over 72,000

So far no problems! But, I'm not holding my breath. I never seem to have much luck with used vehicles.

2004 Tralblazer LT 4WD
Power Windows/Locks
Rear heat/air with radio controls
Power drivers seat with power lumbar
Dual automatic climate control
Auto lights
DIC
Mat for the hatch
Luggage Rack

I'll try to get some pics up. Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Just some FYI, I think the one thing I've seen that is a common problem on those SUV's is their electronic fan clutch. I've seen two failures and one of my techs said his last employer had one that went out also. It's very costly as far as fan clutches go. If you start hearing that airplane propeller noise when accelerating and mileage takes a dump you can plan on it going out. They also set a Check Engine Light when it quits. Around here that means no inspection sticker until it's fixed. I remember it being around $600-$700 all together. Your warranty should cover that if need be. But it's not like an epidemic, only the most common thing. Most of them are trouble free with maintenance. Those engines are electronic throttle and speed density fuel injected. So it pays big dividends in driveability to keep the throttle clean. I worked on one that wouldn't even start after the battery was disconnected and the PCM memory was lost, I had to clean the throttle body out before the PCM could get it running again.

Vernon

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea, the dealer mentioned the fan clutch. I didn't understand it until after a little discussion that those are electric now. Amazing what electronics do now days!

Sorry for the lateness, but had to do the family thing. Here are some pics. She's dirty right now, but still pretty sharp I think.

Attachments

·
Registered
305 Posts
Nice TB. Try checking out www.trailvoy.com. Its a forum for Trailblazers and Envoys and all other GMT360s. Lots of great info. I have an 03 Bravada...same as the Trailblazer, and its a great truck...the 4.2 runs good and mine averages about 15mpg mixed driving....but it is an AWD setup and we live in a hilly area. Good luck with it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts