Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy, I see a few I chatted with in the past. Hoot, Mackin...Howdy Fella's

Have a 01 K3500 CC Duramax Dually with 78K miles now. No problems to date and it has an 11K lb trailer behind it 85% of the time.

No Mods, No power boxes, 100% stock . Have not found a need to "Juice" it. Truck flat hauls butt with or without trailer......

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hello thee

Welcome .. Our new fleet of duramax units are all stock.. Our personal rig is stock at this point.. I feel it has great power.. I might add the 2nd filter for the fuel..

We do not Race our trucks or hot rod them.

From steve
Fleet Owner

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
How are you Jeff

Glad you came, enjoy, visit often your always welcome ....Hoot should remember you from TDP ....

Still stock,eh !!!! Good for you .....

Mac

·
Banned
6,541 Posts
Duramax Dually,

How the heck are ya! Appreciate you coming and simply telling everybody your truck satisfies your needs. Always good to hear that since typically lots of people end up on these forums when something breaks.

Wickedsprint,

Talked to you on TDS. Good to see you here. Throw another reply on that topic over there to send it to the top
if you would!

Thanks everybody for bothering to register and make this place grow..... it's way over where we expected to be after only a few days up.

·
Registered
106 Posts
hello all and HOOT

I have to tell everyone this.. Where real happy with our fleet of Duramax's and our personal Duramax.. At this point
now.. Ford has lost a major Buyer .. Guys i have to tell you this i was a big fan of powerstrokes and we have lots in our fleet.. But this year the Duramax has Won us over to Chevy.. My people love the new units..

I'm very unhappy with our 1st Dealer that sold us our rigs. Reason i had to bring one down for service and he told me we do not have a diesel tech now for about 4 weeks .. He got Hurt on the job.. I was real pissed no one in the hole place would work on it.. Had to travel to new dealer for service..

From steve
Fleet owner

·
Registered
6,066 Posts
Welcome and please enjoy the site. its for the people by the people!

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all.

More info for people who care.

I did not use any "Power Boxes" due to problems people were having with all of them to varying degrees. Some had no problems others hurt their trucks and were fighting with dealers for warranty stuff. I need this truck to work all the time so the risk was not worth it for me but I sure like reading about the performance numbers...

I still average 15-15.5 MPG average unloaded daily driving and right at 11 with trailer. I typically tow 20 mph over the speed limit as 55 is just to slow(probably the racer in me). I am not sure if the MPG would get better at 55.

I use Redline synthetic oils for Motor and front/rear diff's. I changed over to synthetic fluids at 8K miles. I change motor oil every 12K miles regardless and oil filters every 3K miles. I use WIX oil filters. I do not send out and analyze oils. Just change and drive. I do cut filters and all looks good for metals.

The transmission had the new "Standard" pan(which is deemed the deep pan) installed and I run Allison synthetic oil and I change it every 25K miles. I do this primarily since I tow through the Mojave desert a lot in blazing 100+ degree heat on the way to Las Vegas or Arizona and feel that the fluid sees a tremendous amount of heat. The trek sees 6-8% grades for 6-17 miles spurts. It is cheap insurance if you consider the alternative

Anyway that is it from this front. My truck gets a bit of a break for a couple months while I get the car freshened for another season of racing then Back to the road we go. For now it is my daily driver.

Best Regards all

·
Registered
432 Posts
I can certify that Dmax Dually does indeed run 20 over towing and through the Mohave high temps.....I ran with him one trip to Vegas for Super Chevy a couple of years back. Great trip and a lot of fun watching him in the rear view pulling out and passing cars, campers and 18 wheelers.

I followed him for a while as well and same thing, passing, passing and passing LOL

Have to do it again sometime. Jeff I have added the Nicktane Cat Pre-OEM filter setup a few weeks back, you should take a hard look at that setup given the poor fuel quality. You might get an extra 1-2 MPH and even more power with cleaner fuel. My truck is running great! Still Bone Stock as well if you don't count the "BIG CAT".

All the best

1 - 10 of 10 Posts