Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad just got a new Duramax an we want to nod it.. I know a cold air inlet , exhaust, an flashing the ecm is a good start!!!! I want to know what is the meanest sounding exhaust we can put on this thing, also whats best to go with as far as the other 2 mods.. An any more suggestions on mods.... Thanka a lot.. Chris

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
RUQWKNF27,

If you want the baddest sounding systems our MBRP systems with a muffler delete sounds really great, it can be loud for some folks but if you like to hear it talk it really does!

Go with the Edge Juice Hot and Attitude Montior and a Pro Guard 7 Intake systems and you'll be seeing more HP than you can imagine.

We stock all these and we are here to help you with questions as well, just call.

Mark @ DPPI

·
Registered
909 Posts
Last I heard Edge was still working on their LLY box. There was a recent post that quad had an adjustable 120hp/235tq box nox.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a couple questions, for you guys...

First for Mark Craig, on your website for stuff under GM Duramax, all the items pretain to Chevy also, correct??

and second what is this "LLY box" you guys refer to??

TIA

Ryan

·
Registered
228 Posts
Ryan, a box is about a dollar bill sized box about 2" tall. What it contains in there is pure gold.....it ups fuel delivery, changes timing curves, boost, installs in 10 minutes and will allow you to roast your tires, mustangs, and if you have too much power your tranny. A box can add up to 50-170 hp and 150 to 250 in torque to your truck. A box is a wonderful option if used responsibly (
) and many people on here have them. Look into these websites and it'll really break it down better for you on what they are, how they work, and if there are some out for your LLY.

www.edgejuice.com

www.bankspower.com

Best of luck with your mods and this is THE best site for learning your diesel and finding people that have "been there done that" on performance and everything else you could think of! I was a newbie too about a hundred post ago. And have learned tremendous amounts over the past few months. Welcome and enjoy your truck!!!!

Mark

Edited by: DURAMAXED03

·
Registered
118 Posts
Mark Craig said:

Go with the Edge Juice Hot and Attitude Montior and a Pro Guard 7 Intake systems and you'll be seeing more HP than you can imagine.

We stock all these and we are here to help you with questions as well, just call.

Mark @ DPPI

Are you sure you stock the "Edge Juice Hot and Attitude Montior" for the LLY ?

$10 says you're wrong/mistaken.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
newuser,

All the GM parts are for both the Chevy and GMC Duramax trucks.

The LLY is the newest generation Duramax engine, it's been out a few months and a lot of the performance parts aren't interchangeable. Call us if we can help you.

Mark @ DPPI

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
mbeckwith,

I guess that teaches me to scan and not READ a complete post, you my friend are correct, no 10.00 bucks though.

Mark @ DPPI

·
Registered
23 Posts
flash the ecm? what does that do?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts