Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
The products are limitless.

First I would recommend a nicktane after market fuel filter ($265) kit that will greatly reduce any injector problems that G.M. has been having recently.

Then I would purchase the Air filter kit of your choice.

Second, You should install your choice of computer chip/programmer w/ selectable levels of performance.

Third, Install a guage pod to measure EGT's (exhaust gas temp) and also a turbo boost guage. These guages are there to protect you from melting down that all important engine ($10,000 replacement)

Then Install your choice of high performance exhaust, installed from the down tube to the rear of the truck.

You might want or choose not to, change your stock fluids to fully synthetic fluids. Allison recommends the use of there Transynd oil for prolonged performance.

As for my truck, I run the BD Juice box (4 levels in both stock and 4 levels in tow/haul)

I also run Banks monster 4" exhaust. K&N air filter, set of dual guage pods, and am currently looking for an adjustable waste gate actuator.

All my fluids are synthtic. Amsoil front and rear synthetic gear lube. I use the Castrol/Allison transynd tranny fluid. I have also installed the Nicktane filter kit.

Keep in touch with some of these guys on this forum. These guys represent the 5 percent of guys that are constantly in the search for more power. If you need a website w/ all the info on what your looking for Try logging on to KennedyDiesel.com. John Kennedy has tried everything under the sun to improve his et's.

If you got the cash, TRUST ME!, there is guys out there that will have that Dmax hangin' with the modern day sport cars.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
I wish money was no problem with me.

If you go with the Juice Box you can add the Attitude to it, that gives you the added guages you would need for the power upgrade. They are on my wish list and can not wait to get them.

TommJr, I have a question...does adding the Nicktane mess with your warranty?

Want to talk about adding more power my friend downloaded the Hypertech 90hp then added the Juice box....not a good idea!!! Now he is looking a some trans problems, it go stuck in third gear. That was because of clutch slipping....trans was then limited to third gear to protect it....he had to restart the truck to reset it. Juice/BD did tell him they have something for the transmission to prevent the slipping...but since it already happened it is too late. Edited by: NoWake200

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
NoWake200 said:
I wish money was no problem with me.

If you go with the Juice Box you can add the Attitude to it, that gives you the added guages you would need for the power upgrade. They are on my wish list and can not wait to get them.

TommJr, I have a question...does adding the Nicktane mess with your warranty?

Want to talk about adding more power my friend downloaded the Hypertech 90hp then added the Juice box....not a good idea!!! Now he is looking a some trans problems, it go stuck in third gear. That was because of clutch slipping....trans was then limited to third gear to protect it....he had to restart the truck to reset it. Juice/BD did tell him they have something for the transmission to prevent the slipping...but since it already happened it is too late.

Not too late. Just too expensive.

·
Registered
6,995 Posts
What is this Trey, U got rid of the last H2?

Are u going to start selling HD parts?

·
Registered
612 Posts
Congratulations on the new truck .... you will find all the help you can possibly use in spending $$$$ on this forum!!

Jim

·
Registered
187 Posts
Pics where are the pics.

Congratulations!

·
Registered
194 Posts
The first thing i did was change oil at 1000 miles with mobil, then at 3000 bought the good Amsoil and changed it. Intake for sure, and i personally am very happy with my predator for around $400. As in my sig it def adds enough power to get my 3500 inot the 14's. Def some guages and exhaust. Good luck and enjoy smoking those Gt mustangs and Hondas. hahahahha

·
Registered
218 Posts
The minute you put gauges and change the exhaust, say by,by to your warranty. I know everyone will rag me on this one but I'd run the programs that have less than 60 hp increases and don't do the exhaust and gauges. If you haul real hard and I mean real hard, then get the gauges and exhaust. No free lunch here. I've run enough chipped diesels to know how handle them on the hills and not torch the turbo and pistons.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts