Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased my new truck to tow a 9500lb Fifth wheel. On my old 2500HD I installed Bilstein shocks and Timbren rubber springs to stop excessive bouncing when towing on bad roads. Do any of you experienced RV haulers use any sort of suspension assisting aftermarket parts? Are the stock springs and shocks good as they are? Mike Z

·
Registered
565 Posts
First off, congrats on the new dually. :welcome2:

I have added air bags to my dually to prevent excess bouncing on bad roads. My 5'er is heavier than yours (15.5k) with a pin weight of 3k. Personally I dont think you'll have the same issue as with your 2500HD. If you do, air bags should be a good solution.

·
Registered
7,698 Posts
I have a 9500lb 5ver (when loaded) and a pin weight of about 1900lbs. I did have the bouncy bounce on bad roads. The Bilsteins helped, but the real help came from installing shocks on the 5ver itself. Luckily my 5ver dealer offered a shock kit for my trailer and I had it installed. It's been about 4.5 years ago so details are fuzzy, but that's what I did.
Oh, and :welcome: .
JP
P.S. Who is the beauty in your avatar..:naughty:

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Shocks

Since I already have shocks on the trailer maybe I'm concerned about nothing. I was going to order Bilsteins anyway, then just wait and see on the other.

Oh her, she's my fishin buddy. She holds "my pole" while I'm sippin my beer.

:devilfing:devilfing

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
I don't have a problem with my 37' 5er bouncing. Of course the trailer has shocks and that helps. I think you'll find that it will be a much better ride than your 2500. BTW, congrats!

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Oh her, she's my fishin buddy. She holds "my pole" while I'm sippin my beer.

:devilfing:devilfing
What's that got to do with fishin'?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts