Diesel Place banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...just found this site.I own a 99 2500 4x4 5 speed.I've got it "tweaked" a little
,396 r.w.h.p./886 ft.lbs.Still mild as I use it to haul trailers ect.up here in the mountains of western Md.I do a little drag racing and sled pulling also.88,000 pretty much trouble free miles so far,a couple of clutches for some reason
.Other than that real happy with the Cummins and the "wrapper"as some people call it.Capt.Mal don't let these Chevy boys get you down,you will enjoy the new Dodge and keep us posted on how she does since you will rack up a lot of miles quickly.I'm going to get a new one when I get my 99 paid off,more than likely be another Dodge/Cummins...Doug

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea it's nice if you get in a pinch you can get parts and service at any Cummins dealer across the country.Cheaper too,I needed a crank sensor for my 99...Dodge=$66,Cummins=$33...Lift pump,Dodge$200+..Cummins,$99-120.After modding my truck I don't bother the dealer with the few small things I've had go wrong(and it's only been a few).Like the old saying goes"I am my own warranty station"
.How many miles CM???...Doug

1 - 2 of 2 Posts