Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! Been lurkin' for a while and this is a great site! I will be going tomorrow to pick up one of two trucks. You guys have helped me make alot of decisions about the truck. Thanks.

One thing that is a big concern to me is the injector problem...Gonna order the nicktane kit right away! Any other suggestions on protecting the fuel system?

Second, the two big difference between the trucks are the auto climate and the steering wheel controls...and color. As I understand, without the radio controls, I am missing out on the driver info center. How big of a deal is this? Is there another way to get instant and avg. MPG? Attitude maybe? Is it worth having. The truck with these extras was actually my second choice, but I'm on the fence...Any feedback is appreciated! Thanks again fellas!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Scottese,

Welcome to the site! It seems like prob. the best thing to do for our trucks is added fuel filtration. Running an additive is another wise decision IMHO. There is plenty of info here if you search on it. Change out the OEM fuel filter sooner than GMs recomendation.

I have the steering wheel controls and the auto climate and like them both. Not sure what the Attitude will show. The Driver's Info Center is nice to have as a benchmark but is not very precise. It is good for setting Business and Personal trip info. You can set the personal at each fillup and Business at Oil changes. I can't really compare the Auto climate to the manual. If you really like one color.....well??

Good luck whatever you decide.

Mike

·
Registered
68 Posts
The redundant controls in the wheel are great. I just bought my truck Saturday, and I am very happy that I stuck to my guns and got the options I wanted, even if it meant I had to drive an extra 300 miles (one way). The ride back was sweet though.
I do not have auto climate, wasn't important to me. But I really like to being able to skip through a CD, radio stations, control volume and keep tabs on trip info all without taking my hands off the wheel. If I had it to do all over again, I would definately do the same as I did.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have both, would get the steering wheel controls over the auto climate.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts