Diesel Place banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am new to the site. It has tons of great info!

I am in the process of playing 'beat that price' with various dealers in my area.

One dealer mentioned that the new Dmax only comes in long bed?

Please say it isn't so!

Thanks for info.

·
Registered
939 Posts
I think it is the 3500 single rear wheel that is long bed only. But I am not sure if that has changed, so don't take that as in stone...

Bob

·
Registered
432 Posts
Dealer wants you to buy only what he has in stock apparantly! Keep looking you can find a S/B.

If you go to GM Buypower you can "build" the truck you want by selecting all the options then when you have it "your way" just hit the "find it" buttom and the system will check all dealer inventories in your area or state and give you a list of every truck that meets your criteria and then you only have to email that dealer for his best price. Stay home and shop! LOL

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
It's my understanding that the SRW 3500 is only available in the long bed.

Chevysrus is right tho, go to the web site and select "build your own" and you'll find out.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info guys!

Since this truck has the new LLY there are very few at dealers right now so I am going to have to order.

I am playing the match the price game now and hope to order this week!

Thanks again,
Mike

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Road Boss said:
There is nothing wrong with a long bed.

I see your in Ocenside, I am 20 miles south of you :)

LB's are a pain to park in this city...IMO

They are very handy when headed to the desert!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Chevysrus said:
Dealer wants you to buy only what he has in stock apparantly! Keep looking you can find a S/B. ...

What's up with these dang dealers? I had a dealer try to sell me ONLY what he had on the lot ONCE, and I walked out it an absolute rage on them. Cussing, swearing, and YELLING at the top of my lungs. I don't think that the salesman had ever been cussed out before. He didn't know what to think.

Funny thing is that I ended up buying it somewhere else, and the original insulting dealer did all of the work on it.

What goes around come around...

CADman_ks

·
Registered
69 Posts
The long bed is only 17 inches longer than the short bed. My 03 is a SB and the first one out of seven trucks I have had. I miss the long bed. I need to get a new truck, need to tell the wife, gotta go!!!

·
Registered
12,036 Posts
Problem with the short bed is that you get the small tank.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts