Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just droped in to say Hi! to everyone. I have been reading your forum and have been impressed. I have purchase my new D-MAX 3 weeks ago and the family and I have really enjoyed it. The Chevy D-MAX engine is so quite compared to the F and D diesel engine. The wife and boys were impress at the speed of the truck and the power.

I have already taken the truck mudding in a field just after a rain and we were doing fine until I drove into a area of weeds that was holding water. The truck sank like a rock, I put the truck in 4 low but the truck was just to heavy. Some people saw us and called someone to pull us out. The boys loved it, mud flying everywhere :ro)and wanted to do it again but the wife said no. At least not until we get some better tires on the truck. I learned not the go mudding with factory On/Off road tires.

So far in the city I am averaging 13.8 MPG and on the freeway at 70 mph: 17.8 MPG and at 75 mph: 16.8 MPG unloaded. I am hoping to get better MPG but I guess that depends on how heavy my foot is ):h .

·
Registered
284 Posts
Congratulations and Welcome

Just droped in to say Hi! to everyone.
Well... Congratulations and :welcome: to the forum.

Looks like you've (already) taken care of the "Signature" and "Garage"

They are part of the :rules: ):h

Your truck looks really good.

Have fun and enjoy the ride... :exactly:

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
:welcome: from Florida.
Good to have you in the brother (and sister)hood.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts