• Generic GM Truck Only

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like some feedback for the new site logo. Currenty it shows a 2002 Ghevrolet 2500HD. I would like to see what the members would like to see on the new logo. "Generic GM" means a truck that could be either Chevrolet or GMC. I'm planning on using the new body style as it is the current production for GM.

Thank you all for participating!

Nick

·
Registered
130 Posts
I voted to include all major light duty truck manufactures. I figure all things being equal diesel is pretty much a diesel. I am sure I can gain insight from these other truck brands as well as GM. Especially since some of our trucks share same brand / type fuel injection.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
i vote the big three now that i can vote......

·
Registered
183 Posts
Well I think since Ford and Dodge sales dept's don't combine Chev and GMC for sales numbers than why should we call them the same
.I vote for door # 2

·
Registered
125 Posts
OUR Diesel Place from what I can see is 99 % Chevy / GMC...

Being geared toward GM..... Almost all related material is having to do with our GM Trucks and it's been a God-Send to a lot of people...
Personally that's why I'm here..

If I want to read about Hemi's or Cummins - I go to The Turbo Reg. If I wanted to read about Power Strokes - I'd go to a psychotherapist...etc...

So....why in hell would'nt I want GM Trucks on the LOGO?????? Thank God I can finally afford one!!!

I don't wanna look at no Hemi-dodge

Just My 2 cents....... Two Dogs

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Keep the votes coming although it seems to be a landslide on the twin GM's ......

But I just though I'd give you my opinion ..... You guys are looking anti social and stuck up not alowing Dodge and Ford representation in the logo since we have those forums ....

But majority rules ....

Mac

I'm going to start anouther poll on to animate or not ....Edited by: Mackin

·
Registered
6,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes the members seem to definately be voting one way on the majority.. i'd rather it be a landslide than a hard split!

·
Registered
704 Posts
What about a rotating image that may change each time the page is refreshed? You can add weight to each picture, giving more weight to the trucks owned by the majority of posters.

I can send example code if your interested.

·
Banned
6,541 Posts
Amric said:
What about a rotating image that may change each time the page is refreshed? You can add weight to each picture, giving more weight to the trucks owned by the majority of posters.

I like that idea

·
Banned
6,541 Posts
I vote mods should have poll editing capability

·
Banned
6,541 Posts
DMAX2DAMAX said:
Some
already think you do!

I won't mention any names or it'll be even more
To be honest, I'm not sure if Admin has that capability.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I think we should have some pics of GM trucks pulling some furd or dodges out! I mean if we are going to be anti social we mind as well go all the way!
Im sure there are a few of those pics floating around. Actually, I think I might make a new topic asking for posts of that. What catagory would that fall under?

Mike

·
Registered
125 Posts

Mackin,

I feel bad now if I sounded a little, Anti-Social, I really did'nt mean to appear that way.....

I have nothing what-so-ever against Cummin's & Power Stroke's, really...

I guess,...... I was afraid they may invade in large numbers & take over our general theme as it is now, (basically GM) and it's Really-Good-Friendly-Helpful-Reliable-GM, stuff..

There is no cheap-shotting in this group -(except in fun), & I guess I'm leary of a possible competative atmosphere with rivals, so to speak...??

I promise to abide by the wishes of the majority of the Member's wishes,... Promise...

Two Dogs

·
Registered
704 Posts
hoot said:
Amric said:

I like that idea

/* Option 1 even distribution */
<script language=javascript>
var ImageSources = new Array(4);
ImageSources[0] = "/Images/Gmc.jpg";
ImageSources[1] = "/Images/Chevy.jpg";
ImageSources[2] = "/Images/Ford.jpg";
ImageSources[3] = "/Images/Dodge.jpg";
var i = Math.random() * 4;
document["rotatorImage"].src = ImageSources[Math.floor(i)];
</script>

/* Option 2 weighted distribution */
<script language=javascript>
var image = document["rotatorImage"];
var i = Math.random() * 100;
if(i<=45) {
image.src = "/Images/Gmc.jpg";
} else if(i<=90) {
image.src = "/Images/Chevy.jpg";
} else if(i<=95) {
image.src = "/Images/Ford.jpg";
} else {
image.src = "/Images/Dodge.jpg";
}
</script>

·
Registered
6,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The new forum logo is in place, and sid has his t-shirt on the way. thanks to everyone for their comments!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts