Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am buying a 2500HD 4WD w/Allison next weekend. This will be my first diesel. I am looking for advice on things I need to do to the truck since I am moving to Alaska, Elmendorf AFB. I am confused with all the talk about the fuel filters and different types of heating. I know very little about the engine block heater and nothing about oil pan heaters or fuel heaters. Can someone please help, I would greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
747 Posts
IIRC, the factory fuel system has its own fuel heater. One thing most of the more vocal members of this site do is add extra fuel filtration either pre or post oem. Search for fuel filter and you will find hours of reading. Weigh the pros and cons of each and decide what you prefer and/or should you do it at all. I will be installing the Nicktane filter pre oem. You can see it here: www.nicktane.com

Also, several people have used the Mega filter from www.kennedydiesel.com with good results. Take a look at this link- http://dieselplace.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1779&KW=dmaxalliTech -and you will find a lot of good info on maintenance from one of the diesel techs that is a member of this site. I think Kennedy also sells an oilpan heater if you feel that you need one. Enjoy the new truck!
Edited by: flhrciblueice

·
Registered
420 Posts
I believe the stock heater is provided with all diesels and heats the coolant.

·
Registered
600 Posts
RedWSO, check your private messager, you have PMs from me.

Jim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts