Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is the right place to post or not... but last night, I participated in a focus group where they showed us future Chevy commercials, and got our input. Some of them were pretty good..

One commercial showed the trailer full of cars from the current chevy commercial. The semi pulling this trailer breaks down, and along comes a 3500, and hooks up to the semi, and pulls it and the trailer.

Another commercial shows an M1? tank out on the farm, doing various chores, such as hauling hay, and herding cattle. Then it shows what looks like a 2500HD, and says the Allison transmission in this chevy is the same transmission that powers this tank.

Another commercial (Which I thought was stupid) shows a baby boy, and his parents name him Allison. It shows him being humiliated all during his life, until finally he develops the Allison transmission.

Another commercial shows a 3500 climbing a mountain of junk cars, and then states something to the effect that Chevy will outlast all other brands.

The whole session was basically intended to get our opinion on whether we like the new slogan "An American Revolution" or did we like the old slogan "Like a Rock"

Tim

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
Did the 2500HD's and 3500's in the commercials had the "new" front ends that you can enlighten us about?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unfortunately these were not completed commercials. We just got to look at story boards, with a cut and paste job. Every vehicle I saw was cut right out of an existing commercial.

Tim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts