·
Registered
624 Posts
Not quite Chromophobic though...

·
Registered
944 Posts
chromaphobia

Here in California the schools have to have classes on how to deal with chromophobia, and how chromosexuals have contributed to the good of motoring in general :)

·
Premium Member
1,474 Posts
:lol: ...... im getting some low profile leds to go in the turn signal location in a few weeks . Will post some pics when I get them .
Low profile? So your keeping your Chromosexuallity on the down low? :D
Sorry I had to.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Deleted, wrong thread.

·
Registered
44 Posts
topkickgn that is one nice truck would like to see more pic
is anyone using a k&n air that drops in factory box ?

·
Registered
589 Posts
TopKickGN

I have a PPE Tuner for a 2008, you cna run it without removing your DPF and you will see a gain of at least 4 mpg just by installing it, when I removed the DPF I got as good as 18 mpg on the highway which was better than the 10 to 11 empty.

It is definately a must for towing that enclosed having the extra power.

Let me know if you are interested $400.00 bucks and its yours.

Thanks

Aaron

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hi. I am also new Topkick owner. Need some advice. I bought used C4500 without manual, and my windshield washer pump not working. Before I do work on pump I would like to check fuse for it, but I don't know which fuse. Can someone tell me which fuse for windshield washer pump?
Thanks a lot for any advice.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Fuse 20 under panel on passenger side of dash. Schematic shows same fuse is used for wiper motor.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Thank you.

·
Glamis Kodiak
7,491 Posts
On the DPF ...... not sure if PPE did the dpf delete for the kodiaks yet . Talked to owner a few years back on this issue for guys . Its different programming for the kodiak vs the 2500's . Hopefully they have it now for the 4500's .

Anybody here know if the ppe tuner deletes the dpf on kodiaks . ? ? I havnt followed up on it . Im pretty sure they have .... put a call in with no answer to a guy I know was trying to do it on a 08 .

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
TopKickGN

I have a PPE Tuner for a 2008, you cna run it without removing your DPF and you will see a gain of at least 4 mpg just by installing it, when I removed the DPF I got as good as 18 mpg on the highway which was better than the 10 to 11 empty.

It is definately a must for towing that enclosed having the extra power.

Let me know if you are interested $400.00 bucks and its yours.

Thanks

Aaron
Thanks for the offer Aaron and I may take you up on it if you have it closer to spring. Truck has been in storage for the winter and Im starting to do more research on the whole DPF removal thing/programmer.

On the DPF ...... not sure if PPE did the dpf delete for the kodiaks yet . Talked to owner a few years back on this issue for guys . Its different programming for the kodiak vs the 2500's . Hopefully they have it now for the 4500's .

Anybody here know if the ppe tuner deletes the dpf on kodiaks . ? ? I havnt followed up on it . Im pretty sure they have .... put a call in with no answer to a guy I know was trying to do it on a 08 .
gasuout if you get any solid info back on any of this please post up. Thank you.:thumb:

·
Registered
47 Posts
PPE does make a dpf delete, It has hot race and it is a little more money than the normal one. I have it on my 08

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone.. I am a new owner of a '08 C4500 GMC Topkick Monroe Conversion Duramax 2wd. I bought the truck in June of this year. It has some of the following options/stats.. 22k miles, triple air ride, engine brake, Cinch leather interior, DVD/MTX audio/theater system, power sunroof, billet grills, exc..

Im new to the Duramax diesels but not to turbo charged applications. I have been building and racing 1986-87 Intercooled Buick Grand Nationals/Turbo T's for almost 20 years.(Thus the TopkickGN screen name..lol:D)

I have done several appearance mods to my truck including full LED lighting, Hella driving lights flush mounted in bumper, upgraded headlights, Beaman Composites front air dam. I am now looking to get into the performance mods of the truck.

I use this truck to primarily haul my 36ft. ATC Aluminum gooseneck race trailer but sometimes it will be a cruiser. I took it for the first time a couple weeks ago on a thousand mile round trip to the track and the truck was absolutly awesome! I had a '99 Chevy crew cab Choo Choo Customs dually 4x4 before this truck with the 454. It was getting like 8 mpg pulling the trailer. Im not sure what the 4500 was getting other than I know it did MUCH better than my old truck and was twice as fun to drive.

Ive read alot on this forum already and seen where alot of guys seem to like the PPE programmer on stage 2. My truck being an '08 has the DPF and Im not sure if this will work for my application. Id also like a display type programmer if theres one out there that performs well and will work with the DPF. Id like the truck to be alot stronger and get better fuel mileage but not to the point of tearing up the trans. Im not worried about voiding the warranty.. so exhaust mods I will do if need be.

I know the trucks factory intake system is a quality set up for the most part. I looked into getting a drop in K&N filter but nothing they make will drop in a factory air box. K&N will custom make a flter based off the factory paper air filter if you send it in to have it done. Just not sure if that is even recommended by you guys.

I enclosed a pict of the truck to show and give you and idea of what Im working with. I look forward to your opinions/ideas of the route I should go with the truck.

Thanks,
Brian
Can you tell me where you bought the Beaman Front Air Dam on your truck? Any info like the distributor, part number, etc... would be helpful. Thanks

21 - 40 of 40 Posts