Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a person tell me about this, so I checked it out! This plan takes the place of the "G.M. in the Driveway" BUT it lasts till the end of the year! It is for anyone that would like "G.M. SUPPLIER DISCOUNT PRICING when they buy their truck!! You have to provide your name,address,phone #, date of birth & last 4 # of your soc.# to me. After setting this up, your dealer will call & use this info. as a reference & then be given the G.M. authorization# that I have been given & that will allow them to use that # to give you the discount price on your truck!! SOUNDS GOOD ENOUGH TO ME!! I called & each employee is allowed 2 referrals per month?!! Tim & John, you can jump in at anytime??!! Howard =
[email protected] Edited by: howard_m18

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
I got my truck with the Old certificate which was 4% over employee cost. Supplier cost is 5 % over employee cost. So if nothing has changed since December last year the new way would be 1 % more but it's still a great deal!

·
Registered
511 Posts
Got mine for 4% below invoice (GM employee) I do not work for GM--they want to sell trucks is all I can say! $41K, 37k invoice, 4% below that minus $2,500 incentive (March) Incentive is now $3,500! Doubt I would have got GM employee price at the current incentives! Shop around!

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
Howard..... you are a good man!!!!

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FISHINGN, G.M.Supplier = G.M. Supplier discount price. Comes out to 15% off of whatever M.S.R.P. is. G.M.S. = G.M. out of stock= what G.M. employees get as a discount. HOOT, when do I get my check?

·
Registered
448 Posts
Howard, did you get my e-mail? I'm on my GF's 'puter and I don't trust it to do anything right!
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
MINOR, GOT YOU COVERED!! Call me as I have a # for you to give to the dealer!!!!!! P.S. IT WAS VERY EASY TO DO!!
Edited by: howard_m18

·
Registered
448 Posts
Howard, PM or e-mail me your phone #, or the authorization # for me to pass along to my dealer. You just saved me an additional $1067! Thanks Howard...and thanks to GM!
Randy

·
Registered
6,995 Posts
Howard, I posted a while ago about the new program, the topic was moved to the new vehicle buying forum.

Glad to see your back.

I've got one left too.

As we have said before it is IMPERATIVE that the dealer will accept the new program (these are non-transferable and limited to 2/month/employee unlike the card).

I just ordered a GMC last week end so I'll call and get my TPW later this week.

Ordered the sliding back window, will work great on the truck camper.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hI DMAX,

MY NAME IS WANDERER, iam intereste in buying a new gmc read your notice of having a in the drive way certiforcation I was wandering if you would consider letting me have it I'am looking to buy a sierra 2500 and could use it

Dominick Fickeria

121 chief Nimham circle

CARMEL,n.y. 10512

E-MAIL ADDRESS [email protected]

·
Registered
6,995 Posts
Wanderer, PM me w/ your birthdate and last 4 SS#s.

First u need to see if the dealer w/ honor it and if u are buying off the lot have them show u the invoice, it has GM supplier price in black and white.

If u make a deal we can have the # in a couple of minutes.

No more mailing the card, all u need is the # and your ID to buy now.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
does this work on used vechiles or only when purchasing new vechiles?

·
Registered
448 Posts
Question: When you get the GMS level invoice pricing (I am) does it hurt the dealer in $ terms? My guy is going to honor the discount no problem.
I was a bit of a pain in the azz about the dual alts on the new truck, the $ he's giving me for my trade is fantastic, the other terms are sweet as well, so I didn't want to push it and ask him if the supplier discount affected his bottom line (he's giving me a very tight deal). He still gets his 3.5% holdback on MSRP right? The 1K rebate is for me after the fact, irregardless of the level of invoice pricing given me correct? I believe these things to be true...tell me if I'm wrong!

·
Registered
6,995 Posts
Are getting the GMS (true employee) price, the supplier price is higher than that.

GMS= true employee price

GM supplier price= GMS + 4 or 5%.

Hey if HE makes the deal and your happy , BE HAPPY, go for it.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Do they ever have programs/incentives for used vechiles?

·
Registered
448 Posts
My mistake...I used the acronym GMS when I should have said "supplier pricing". They are two different levels of discount. I am happy, and I am going for it!
I was just curious, in a business sense, what it costs him, if anything, to honor the discount. RPM

·
Registered
616 Posts
Rippem, yes, it does affect us when we sell a truck at GMS or Supplier. We do get 5% of the MSRP (less freight) back from GM, but that makes for a pretty skinny deal since the GMS price is lower than "invoice," the price we pay GM when the truck is built. But don't worry about it, most dealers are usually happy to take the deal. DMax's are getting hard to come by right now as we approach build out, so dealers may not be as willing to honor the GMS or supplier discounts on them. Look around, though and wait till them end of the month when they need that "one last deal" to make their month.

·
Registered
448 Posts
bartman...that's the info i was looking for. Thank You. Randy

1 - 20 of 22 Posts