Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. just thought I'd post a pic of my "new" black wheels. I plan on getting new wheels and tires here soon, so I thought that I would "rattle can" the stock silver steel wheels just to see what it looked like. I like it, think it looks a lot tougher, what do ya'll think?

Attachments

·
Registered
156 Posts
I'm thinking of going with some black wheels on mine.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think it makes the tires look bigger too

·
Registered
49 Posts
I think that you the black blends in too much.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
i think it looks good what kinda paint did you use id leave it like it is now and put the money for rims toward mods

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I gave it the "Krylon touch", I sanded em off first, and taped of the tires. Yeah, with the money I saved I wanna get a body lift and some new meats, I'm gonna pick up a cone air filter some time this week, everybody says its a big difference.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I will post some pictures on Monday of the Hummer wheels I had professionally painted black, they turned out great. My brother works for a company that repairs damaged wheels, so I had him take a set and base coat them and then put a clear on just to see how they looked. I am picking up some new wheels for my truck on Tuesday, and we are going to try and put a black chrome on them. Hopefully they turn out good.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I gave it the "Krylon touch", I sanded em off first, and taped of the tires. Yeah, with the money I saved I wanna get a body lift and some new meats, I'm gonna pick up a cone air filter some time this week, everybody says its a big difference.
a cone airfilter in a open or gutted box is a great upgrade

·
Registered
147 Posts
I did the ol' Krylon paintjob on my wheels, as well. I'm not sure it would look right without the chrome center caps and trim rings.
PIC00012.jpg

PIC00016.jpg

·
Registered
370 Posts
Nice toys there Kessler...

...and I like the polished trim rings too

·
Registered
147 Posts
Thank ye. Would look better had I gotten a chance to clean stuff up first. Weather here has been nasty lately.

·
Registered
926 Posts
I did that with my old 96 Chevy... except I kept the chrome wheel linings and chrome lug caps. I liked it a lot better than the silver.

Dan

·
Registered
147 Posts
The pictured gooseneck is a 2005 Load Trail Load Max 34' tri-axle, 21,000#. Brakes on all 3 axles, toolboxes in front, slide in ramps, 8" channel frame, drop down jacks in rear, 2 10,000# spring loaded jacks in front, etc. It pulls very nice, barely know it's back there, much better than my 20' deck-over equipment trailer.
05LTLMtrailerpic.jpg

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
The pictured gooseneck is a 2005 Load Trail Load Max 34' tri-axle, 21,000#. Brakes on all 3 axles, toolboxes in front, slide in ramps, 8" channel frame, drop down jacks in rear, 2 10,000# spring loaded jacks in front, etc. It pulls very nice, barely know it's back there, much better than my 20' deck-over equipment trailer.
View attachment 15702
I like the goose! What would look really shape it to powder coat your gooseneck wheel to match youe truck.:grd:

·
Registered
725 Posts
I like it! Thumbs up!

·
Registered
561 Posts
black wheels

I think it looks great! I'm gonna throw 6 inches on my hd and put the moto metal 951 blacks. We are relocating to Alaska and I think it would be alot less upkeep than chrome or billet. Looks good though.

:grd:

·
Registered
42 Posts
I think the black rims on a white truck are sharp. and the spray paint can always be touched up.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts