Diesel Place banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Previously this truck got its best mileage towing on the freeway, which was 12-13 MPG, and around town, it was worse. My last tank was local driving, to work, store runs, no towing. Went 371miles, took 23.0 to fill up, figured at 16.1 miles per gallon. Last time I towed to a race, I got 14.8 (1950 RPM @ 64 MPH) or so, if I recall correctly. Truck has about 9, 000 Miles on it now…I went to Mobil one at 6,000 miles…That trip up to MD and back (1,300 miles) in three days seemed to break the ice as far as improved mileage…
16 MPG with a crew cab ¾ ton truck is good in my opinion…
15 MPG towing is great, especially seeing how well this truck tows…
I am happy to finally be seeing decent gas mileage, and I just had to share it…:)

·
Registered
127 Posts
That is good and 18.5 - 20 is absolutly great if you think about it. 8,000 lbs doing 435-450 miles to the tank thats hard to beat and still feel safe and comfy.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I took a 2000lb trailer with lumber, 4 wheeler, and other stuff, ran 80mph and got 15.1 mpg on the highway.

·
Registered
72 Posts
My 06 is now getting 17 hwy, and 13.5-14mpg average (mostly around town). Much better than when I first got it.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Once my truck hit 30000 miles mpg went up to 20 hwy and 18 intown.
This is filling up to the neck and useing good ohhh math!!!!!!!:exactly:

David:p:

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I just got a jump in mileage for around town on my last tank and I am at 15mpg now. Was at 11mpg so I am seeing the fruits of a little mileage too. 8400 mile and counting. (hand calc.)

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Refueled again yesterday, figured out to 17.5 MPG driving to work, half highway and half around town local driving, no towing...

like I said before, I'm happy to get what the old gas truck got during normal driving, but, towing is where this truck really stand above the old gasser, tons of power and 15 MPG...

·
Registered
37 Posts
the last tank was all in town driving, 8.8. On the highway I do get around 16.5 driving 75, but the intown stuff Kills me. Wish I got the magic "20" like some do

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just made another 500 mile trip up to Michigan this past weekend and got 19.9 mpg overall - average speed about 65 - less than 6k on the odo.

·
Registered
625 Posts
On my 04.5 the minute I hit 20k miles it drove like a different truck. Smooooth and the MPG went way up. Almost didn't want to trade it for the dually

·
Registered
42 Posts
dirtriderwjc2000,

I know how you feel. I'm thrilled if i can break 16 mpg. Most of my driving is out of town. I have 15000 miles right now and am hoping to see a jump in mileage someday.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts