Diesel Place banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my new LBZ, 07 Chev Classic. Lots of new stuff from my 02. The glow plug light seems to go off much quicker on this truck, did they change that? It doesn't have near the power my modded 02 had but very impressive for a new stock truck. Sucker has everything including a rear seat entertainment system. That's were the dog rides. Guess I better get some Rin Tin Tin DVD's.:D Anything special I should know about this engine?

·
Registered
924 Posts
Mine is powered good and lot of torque.As as your 02 having more power .i dont Know.When she losens up the power will be there more so.

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
Your gonna love it, and from your sig im sure youll be helping us learn how to go fast! These trucks are just AWESOME!!!:D

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
good luck w/the truck

·
Registered
3,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
maxy;1580740; said:
Mine is powered good and lot of torque.As as your 02 having more power .i dont Know.When she losens up the power will be there more so.
Your right this one stock has my 02 when it was stock beat hands down. I've seen these LBZ's dyno stock in the 325hp range, there is a little hill pull we do every July in Montana where we tow a 10K trailer up a 6.5% grade. We start at about 5000 ft. The race is for a mile for the stock trucks and the LBZ won the event by a large margin. The modded trucks only race to 60mph. They would hit a 100+ if they ran the whole mile. :D

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Congratulations on the new truck. When are the twins going in? Are you going to try to catch Rob again or are you going to leave that to the race truck?

·
Registered
3,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
JoshH;1582910; said:
Congratulations on the new truck. When are the twins going in? Are you going to try to catch Rob again or are you going to leave that to the race truck?
Hi Josh, you missed out on all the engine and tranny swapping.;) Smart move buddy. I think I'll mod this one just a little for a wee bit more power, it will probaby end up being the tow rig for the race truck. I won't race this one, I'll let Rob carry the race what you drive banner. I will rely on him for the best EFI little tunes that will work with a stock tranny. I'll do gauges and see what develops.

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Congrats on the new truck:ro) I love mine also :D

The only thing that drives me nuts is the squeaky belt :(

·
Registered
3,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Kat;1583582; said:
Congrats on the new truck:ro) I love mine also :D

The only thing that drives me nuts is the squeaky belt :(
Thanks Kat, figured if I bought a new one I might not be so tempted to start modding it again. Will take out all of that on the race truck. Any chance you and Pat can make Redding or Woodburn this summer or maybe Diesel Thunder in Spokane in August?;)

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
subman631;1583617; said:
Thanks Kat, figured if I bought a new one I might not be so tempted to start modding it again. Will take out all of that on the race truck. Any chance you and Pat can make Redding or Woodburn this summer or maybe Diesel Thunder in Spokane in August?;)
Well Wendy is done:D .. Well maybe some more fine tuning by McRat :cool:

We are going to try to make 1 race out that way this year:D If crap with his real job doesn't hit the fan again :(

·
Registered
9,606 Posts
Congrats
You got rid of your GMC for a Chevy :( well at least is a LBZ:cool: ?

·
Registered
3,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
dozerboy;1585166; said:
Congrats
You got rid of your GMC for a Chevy :( well at least is a LBZ:cool: ?
You are right, never thought I'd own one of these cat eyed suckers but they made me a deal I could not refuse. My go fast race truck is still a GMC.:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts