Diesel Place banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well we dropped below freezing this weekend and sure enough the instrument cluster didn't wake up Sunday. Let it run a bit then shut off and restarted it, Gauges woke up and showed about 11 volts. let it sit and they finally came up to 14v.

So off I went to Autozone. Told the girl Ii needed batteries for my truck. Wanted to sell me some at 59.99 a piece (650 CCA). Convienced here I wanted Duralast Golds with 800 CCA. Then she told me here computer said I needed TWO batteries. They even threw in 3 years of jump start service.

Then It got stupid. She wanted to sell me those little felt things. Told her no. So she said she would take 10% off the entire purchase if I bought them for $1 (before discount). Anyone want a set of felt thingies.

·
Premium Member
14,360 Posts
Felt thingies are to help keep the terminals from corroding. You don't want corroded terminals, do you?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My terminals are 5 years old and look brand new.

·
Registered
430 Posts
The only felt thingies I've seen are for top posts. Anyway, the same thing just happened to my '03. Put in two new NAPA 770 CCA batteries at $59 each. I wanted something like Optima's, but could not justify the price. My two batteries together were less than 1 optima.

·
Premium Member
4,986 Posts
Just put them on and keep truckin:D
Well we dropped below freezing this weekend and sure enough the instrument cluster didn't wake up Sunday. Let it run a bit then shut off and restarted it, Gauges woke up and showed about 11 volts. let it sit and they finally came up to 14v.

So off I went to Autozone. Told the girl Ii needed batteries for my truck. Wanted to sell me some at 59.99 a piece (650 CCA). Convienced here I wanted Duralast Golds with 800 CCA. Then she told me here computer said I needed TWO batteries. They even threw in 3 years of jump start service.

Then It got stupid. She wanted to sell me those little felt things. Told her no. So she said she would take 10% off the entire purchase if I bought them for $1 (before discount). Anyone want a set of felt thingies.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts