Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw the 45 must have parts in the new truckin mag. one of them was a banks ram air that just came out for the DMAX. I know banks sells one now. But this one has a true scoop that goes down below the bumper to suck in more air. I cant afford my turbo right now and I NEED MORE AIR. Truck smokes like mad due to the tune when Iam on it. I was wondering if this might help some at higher speeds.

Oddly enough I cant find this product on banks website :mad:

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
probably negligible because the air still has to go through the turbo

·
Registered
74 Posts
Vmax, Just took a banks ram air off my 03. If you are intersted pm me and maybe can work a deal.

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
fieldoc;1588926; said:
Vmax, Just took a banks ram air off my 03. If you are intersted pm me and maybe can work a deal.
Why did you remove it?

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
fieldoc;1588926; said:
I assume it is not the new kit with the scoop that goes below the bumper. Is it the old one with the inlet just below the airbox?

Any other comments on this new set up

·
Registered
502 Posts
I have also been looking for it with no such luck
BRAD

·
Registered
409 Posts
I just sold mine for $200 it was only 6 months old, my truck never blew much smoke anyway but helped turbo spool faster.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1000hp;1598205; said:
Yea I liked X men 2 myself a bit off topic though.......:D I Honestly dont know what X2 is.

·
Registered
453 Posts
So you guys are all running so much power that you're restricted by your stock box?:confused:

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ziadmax;1598341; said:
So you guys are all running so much power that you're restricted by your stock box?:confused:
No really I am restricted by my turbo. Dont want to detune because it is a bad a-- tune. The other thing I can do is add nitrous. I would just rather not and add a turbo later.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Trafficdude;1598347; said:
VMAX- X2 means times 2, aka I agree, same here, etc. :)
I think what he was refering to is the PPE excellerator 2 tuner. Could be wrong though.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
VMAX;1598571; said:
I think what he was refering to is the PPE excellerator 2 tuner. Could be wrong though.

no they where reffering to the tune as in you are adding to much fuel for the amount of air you are getting----change your tune

the air kit is not going to be a night and day difference if thats what you where hoping for

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I am sure it would not be nite and day difference. just thought it might help some. Truthfully I am smoking about the same as your pic with WOT.....

·
Registered
10,516 Posts
Save your money for a turbo.

Honestly, one of McRat's Singles, or Twins. Airfilters don't help with EGT's that much at WOT although they do at cruising speeds.

Just my observations.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
VMAX;1598760; said:
I am sure it would not be nite and day difference. just thought it might help some. Truthfully I am smoking about the same as your pic with WOT.....

i dont run that much smoke everyday, that was me just having fun:D

·
Registered
97 Posts
Super Scoop

I have been in contact w/ Collin Banks and he said that it will be out in approx. 4-5 weeks. :) Look for my thread under banks ram air it will have maybe what you need as far as current information.:cool:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.