Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought a core Allison , had it rebuilt and new triple disk and finally swapped it out myself . Well all connectors cleaned and plugged in , no leaks , bam check engine light on and range shift inhibitor on the screen and it is like its stuck in 3rd ! Any suggestions ???

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
find out what codes are present, using a code reader that can get codes from (at least) the ecm and the tcm.

·
Administrator
16,049 Posts
Thread relocated over to "Allison OEM"

:thumb:

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
You Allison core Was from same year I take it?

This means that your trans is limping. Do a search here for "Limp Mode" or "Trans Limp", etc.. The results will probably be endless. When your trans is taking too much abuse, it is designed to do this to aviod really damaging the trans. The problem is, too many limps cause the trans to slip and burn up clutches in time.

Like said above. You need to get the codes read first. Re-post once you do that and or look up the DTC (diagnostic trouble code) on here.

Being on here since 08 you most likely know this.
You will get the generic P0700 but you will need another trans code.
P0700 is the TCM requesting a MIL (Malfunction Indicator Light aka: "check engine"). All the 700 code does is tell the ECM "something's wrong" and to illuminate the MIL. There is another code in the TCM that you need to pull that will actually tell you what the malfunction is.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes the core came from same year and I will hook my reader up to it here shortly to see what code it was for sure but I do remember it being something like 0783 or in the lines of that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts