Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just added these to my truck. Nothing overly special, just adding to that personal touch we all like to have

The altec line of fired. Kind of different, adds running, brake and turn signals. Found it at a good price too, just under $80. Not quite as nice as the true HD marker lights, but I wanted the full functionality so I was limited.

I also received a bunch of these(thanks to Hoot for the place to get them)

These measure 2" x 7.5" and are of great quality. I bought a lot of extras so if anyone wants some I'll mail them to you for $4.50 a piece(a little less than I paid for them). Edited by: Victory Red

·
Registered
149 Posts
Looks good Rick ! How hard was the install ? What do the "true HD marker lights look like compared to your's ?

·
Registered
958 Posts
That line of fire is nice! I've never seen one in person, how do the turn signals and brake lights work on it?

"true HD marker lights"

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Install is nothing. It's actually one long piece of LED's that attach with 3M tape. The hardest part was cutting and pigtailing on a new 4 pin prong on to the 7 pin harness adapter I use to operate both the lights my receiver cover brake light. Fusable link they have in place is cheesy though. Either replace or tape up, as I've seen stated before it won't handle weather well.

For turning, the bar is split in two, so right at the halfway point it signals left or right.

·
Registered
909 Posts
That might look slick as side running lights installed on the Westin bars.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Probably, but I'd go with the more conventional running lights(although I'd still stick with LED for longevity). Some of the semi's running down the road can look quite cool. I may have to find out how many a Silverado can take before I get to the gawdy stage(or need dual alternators

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I also bought one of these

Which looks something like this installed http://www.j-jent.com/tailgates.html

I haven't put it on yet, it's a little larger than I expected so I may need to remove/move some of the rear badging. It's basically a lexan/chrome piece 3M stick on with a rope light in the middle. Looked cool hanging on the wall a little undecided how well it'll actually look on the truck as of yet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts