Diesel Place banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2022 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LTZ SRW
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, on July 28, 2021 I was in Flint, Michigan at the GM Plant to watch the final stages of the assembly of my factory ordered 2022 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LTZ SRW in Iridescent Tri-Coat Pearl with Gideon/Dark Atmosphere interior. I was in the truck for the first push of the start button and during the dynamometer 70 mph test at the end of the line.

It then took a MONTH for the truck to get from Flint to the dealership in Hope, BC and I picked it up on September 1, 2021.

Just over three weeks and I am VERY happy. This is an amazing truck. There's a long list of new features that I like, but the number one best feature by far is the trailer light check feature. Here's what happens:

When you plug in the trailer power, a message appears on the truck display asking if you want to check the trailer lights. Answering YES causes the truck to go through a sequence of flashing left blinker, right blinker, stop lights, running lights reversing lights. The sequence repeats until you drive away or turn it off. No longer need someone to help with trailer lights checks - FANTASTIC.

The transmission is much smoother that my 2019, and the interior is quieter. What can I say, I'm in love.

· Administrator
22,221 Posts
So, on July 28, 2021 I was in Flint, Michigan at the GM Plant to watch the final stages of the assembly of my factory ordered 2022 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LTZ SRW in Iridescent Tri-Coat Pearl with Gideon/Dark Atmosphere interior. I was in the truck for the first push of the start button and during the dynamometer 70 mph test at the end of the line.

It then took a MONTH for the truck to get from Flint to the dealership in Hope, BC and I picked it up on September 1, 2021.

Just over three weeks and I am VERY happy. This is an amazing truck. There's a long list of new features that I like, but the number one best feature by far is the trailer light check feature. Here's what happens:

When you plug in the trailer power, a message appears on the truck display asking if you want to check the trailer lights. Answering YES causes the truck to go through a sequence of flashing left blinker, right blinker, stop lights, running lights reversing lights. The sequence repeats until you drive away or turn it off. No longer need someone to help with trailer lights checks - FANTASTIC.

The transmission is much smoother that my 2019, and the interior is quieter. What can I say, I'm in love.
Congrats on your new purchase.
Be sure to post up some pics (y)

· Registered
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK, here's a link to a short YouTube video containing a group of pictures taken while I was on the Flint line watching the truck get built on July 28th:

· Administrator
22,221 Posts
OK, here's a link to a short YouTube video containing a group of pictures taken while I was on the Flint line watching the truck get built on July 28th:
Very nice!
Thanks for sharing (y)

· Registered
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's actually NOT who you know, but you do have to meet a few requirements:
You need to have a factory order for a new truck accepted by GM, AND ASSIGNED A BUILD WEEK BY THE PLANT. There is no point in trying to get permission to do a build tour unless you have an accepted order and a build week. The build week is usually assigned about a month in advance, so there is plenty of time to do the next step.

It is the Union at the Flint Plant that organizes and conducts the build tours, so once you have a build week you have to call or email the Union rep to ask if you can do a build tour. Call the Plant at (810) 424-0049 and explain that you are interested in a build tour. They should put you through to the Union rep.

I have done TWO build tours, once for my 2017, and once for my 2022 truck. It's an amazing experience and the workers on the line are great people. They really seem to appreciate a customer visiting and it is very satisfying to see the first class job they do.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.