Diesel Place banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2022 refresh Chevy 1500 RST Z71 3.0L Duramax.
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all,
I just purchased my 2022 refresh Chevy 1500 RST Z71 6.5 feet bed with the 3.0L duramax. I have put about 700 miles on it so far and have loved every bit of it so far. I built and placed the order for it back mid February and it came in this past Saturday. Came in about 2 weeks earlier than the dealer expected which was a surprise for the both of us. I came from having a 2013 Ford F-150 ecoboost FX4. I bought that truck with 67k miles on it in oct of 2018 and sold it about 2 months ago with 189k miles on it. I had a 3” lift with 295/60/20 tires on it. Also had several bolt on performance parts like: CRP performance bored manifolds, FullRace performance catted downpipes, FR exhaust, intake, and it was tuned through MorePowerTuning. No lie it would absolutely rip down the street. It was a very fun truck. Got about 14mpg. Prior to that truck I had a 2001 Dodge Ram 2500 with the 5.9L Cummins. It had arp head studs, bigger turbo and injectors, intake, and 5” turbo back exhaust (very loud) and a HD built trans. That truck would also rip. Got about 16-17mpg in it.
Now I’m happy to have this new 3.0L babymax and absolutely loving the fuel economy. Averaged 29mpg on my 300 mile round trip with cruise set on 80mph most of the time. Looking forward to future mods that come out. Once Banks releases their tuning I will get it, intake and turbo resonator delete. I know the intake and turbo res delete is mainly for looks and slight sound improvement but I’m ok with that. I do not plan on lifting this truck and am surprised at how level it sits factory. My first mods will be a bedcover and maybe some wheel spacers just to flush out the tires with the body. Anyway long read but again happy to be here.

Attachments

·
Administrator
22,028 Posts
Hello to all,
I just purchased my 2022 refresh Chevy 1500 RST Z71 6.5 feet bed with the 3.0L duramax. I have put about 700 miles on it so far and have loved every bit of it so far. I built and placed the order for it back mid February and it came in this past Saturday. Came in about 2 weeks earlier than the dealer expected which was a surprise for the both of us. I came from having a 2013 Ford F-150 ecoboost FX4. I bought that truck with 67k miles on it in oct of 2018 and sold it about 2 months ago with 189k miles on it. I had a 3” lift with 295/60/20 tires on it. Also had several bolt on performance parts like: CRP performance bored manifolds, FullRace performance catted downpipes, FR exhaust, intake, and it was tuned through MorePowerTuning. No lie it would absolutely rip down the street. It was a very fun truck. Got about 14mpg. Prior to that truck I had a 2001 Dodge Ram 2500 with the 5.9L Cummins. It had arp head studs, bigger turbo and injectors, intake, and 5” turbo back exhaust (very loud) and a HD built trans. That truck would also rip. Got about 16-17mpg in it.
Now I’m happy to have this new 3.0L babymax and absolutely loving the fuel economy. Averaged 29mpg on my 300 mile round trip with cruise set on 80mph most of the time. Looking forward to future mods that come out. Once Banks releases their tuning I will get it, intake and turbo resonator delete. I know the intake and turbo res delete is mainly for looks and slight sound improvement but I’m ok with that. I do not plan on lifting this truck and am surprised at how level it sits factory. My first mods will be a bedcover and maybe some wheel spacers just to flush out the tires with the body. Anyway long read but again happy to be here.
Welcome to DieselPlace
(y)

Reactions: Brignac
1 - 3 of 3 Posts