Diesel Place banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While there is still alot of controversy going on about the front end of the new Chevy 2500 and 3500 HD Chevy trucks with the Duramax diesel LMM and the gasser...
The Chevy Front end may not be quite as clean looking as the new GMC HD trucks, but with some paint and a Nice lift kit, you may quite in fact have your self a winner.

Picture this lifted Chevy as an HD. Yes the front end and Bumper is bigger and all chrome on the HD, but look at what a black painted bumper can do to the new Silverado truck...

[URL="http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/9562/2007silverdomainun3.jpg"]
[URL="http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/9562/2007silverdomainun3.jpg"]

(Image has been resized. Click it for full size.)
[/URL]
[/URL]

[URL="http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/4069/4wd07silveradobutyez0.jpg"]

[/URL]

By the way, that is the new Fabtech Lift for the 07 trucks. Features a 35 inch tire and 17 inch wheel.

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
A black painted bow tie would look better than the billet. But the black painted front bumper looks better than the chrome.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Reineke;1592173; said:
A black painted bow tie would look better than the billet. But the black painted front bumper looks better than the chrome.

Yeah, I think you're right about that.

·
Registered
768 Posts
painted looks much better:)

·
Registered
181 Posts
That looks so much better! I don't even like the middle piece of the bumper being chrome. It makes the grill look messed up or longer. Just a chrome grill is perfect.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Looks great! I think they will start to grow on ya after a while , then everyone will love 'em. I'm putting the crystal ball away now.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
i think if the chrome grille was black as well with a chrome bowtie and billet grille it would look quite well.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Either way, chrome or painted IMO the chevy overall has a sharper, fresher look compared to the GMC. Both trucks compare real life, the GMC has a more rounded off at the corners, blocky look.. While the front bumper is certainly better executed than the chevy, the GMC grill/headlights isnt blowing my skirt up...entire front is old hat...just a flatter (and not as good) version of the current F150...But, all of this is just my opinion

·
Registered
62 Posts
Actually, I think that's a 1/2-ton. For one thing, look at the extremely short bed length that come on the crew cab 1/2-tons. Second, the grille doesen't have a split between the middle horizontal bar as it does on the HDs.

Third, the reason that the bumper is black isn't because it WAS painted after the factory. That's probalbly a Z71 and it came pre-painted like the Z71 Tahoes and Suburbans had matching grilles from '01-'07.

Just my $.02. But please, if anyone knows more or can shoot down my facts then please do so. I'm not for sure on this, but I would also like to know as well what;s up with the HD's.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts