Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I've been lurking here for quite a while and thought I'd take the plunge.

Anyway, I just returned from my dealer with a brand new 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab Short Box LT3 Silverado in Graystone Metallic with Dark Charcoal leather. The engine is the new 360 HP one with 650 pounds of torque (LBZ?) and the transmission is the Allison 6-Speed.

I'm awfully pleased and surprised that the ride is much smoother than my 2003 Silverado Z-71. Maybe it is a personal perception, but I am loving this truck.

It is even here now, so no photos yet. SOON.

Thanks for sharing my happiness.

Steve

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
It'll probably be years before your "Enzyte Bob" grin begins to wear off.
Congratulations and :welcome:

·
Registered
16,971 Posts
Welcome to the Diesel Place. I think you will find this site to have tons of information and knowledgeable people that will help you along the way. Please do not hesitate to ask any questions. Use the search feature as many have asked the questions that you need answers to. It will be your friend. Thanks for joining up, we are happy to have you and most of all, Enjoy..

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Whoops, forgot to add that it is four-wheel-drive (of course), has skid plates, spare tire lock and I totally love GM's new trailer mirrors. Yeah, the love affair starts.

I've been reading through the manual and it is going to take a while getting the whistles and bells adjusted just right (door locks and such).

Do I want to use a fuel additive. And, if so, do I run it all the time, or under certain conditions. We hunt in Montana when it is COLD and I'm no stranger to using "gas dryer" in our previous gasoline-fuel rigs.

Anyway, I'm a stranger to diesel and need guidance. All suggestions are totally welcome.

Thanks,

Steve

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good Morning Guys,

Here is the first photo of my baby.

She got Line-Xed and she got a Fold-A-Cover tonneau. Today, she gets running boards and maybe a trailer brake seup.

Anyway, I thought I'd share her first picture.

Steve

·
Registered
824 Posts
Nice ride. A friend of mine picked up the identical truck in black and he loves it. I believe Edge comes out with their LBZ in June or July.

As for fuel additives, I'm trying a Canola-based product for better lubricity because of the low sulphur content of the diesel around here Haven't really experienced a cold snap in Calgary yet so I haven't had any issues with the fuel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts