Diesel Place banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the 4.5 Duramax going in the 1500s does anyone think they will bring the 1500 HD back. I like the 1500s, but I can't stand the 5.8' bed on the crew cab. Almost all the manufacturers offer a crew cab with a standard bed some with a long bed. A new 1500 HD crew cab long bed would be my perfect truck!

·
Registered
437 Posts
I think they will have to offer it in a 1500HD because of the diesel power all of the drivetrain components will have to be beafed up, like the tranny and the rear end.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Personally, I'd love to see a 1500HD Crewcab shortbox with the 4.5L and a Z71 Plus package. The Z71 plus has a 2" Rancho quicklift in the front, rancho shocks in the back, front and rear electronic locking diffs, 285/55R20s, and a two-tone leather interior. Any thing longer a ext. cab standard box or Crewcab shortbox won't fit in my garage.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Personally, I'd love to see a 1500HD Crewcab shortbox with the 4.5L and a Z71 Plus package. The Z71 plus has a 2" Rancho quicklift in the front, rancho shocks in the back, front and rear electronic locking diffs, 285/55R20s, and a two-tone leather interior.
And a 1500HD SB/RC Z71 DMAX too!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
With the 4.5 Duramax going in the 1500s does anyone think they will bring the 1500 HD back. I like the 1500s, but I can't stand the 5.8' bed on the crew cab. Almost all the manufacturers offer a crew cab with a standard bed some with a long bed. A new 1500 HD crew cab long bed would be my perfect truck!

man i hope so, that truck would be the ****!

·
Registered
6 Posts
One last comment/question, if the 1500HD does come back, which front end do you want it to have? The regular Silverado 1500 style, or the HD style? Personally, I like the HD style better.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I sort of would want the 1500 front end with a bigger hood. I like both front ends, but I don't like how the HD only comes with a big chrome bumper.

·
Registered
604 Posts
And a 1500HD SB/RC Z71 DMAX too!!
X2 That would be a killer combo. I've thought about buying a LB7 RC/LB and shortening it but I'd rather have a NBS.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My thoughts exactly west dt. The 5.75' bed on the 1/2t crew cabs is almost worthless once you put a tool box on. GM should at least offer a crew cab with the 6.5' bed. And aside from the bed lengths, there is a large gap between the 7000ish lb GVWR of the 1/2 tons, and the 9200 lb GVWR of the 3/4 tons. I like the 8,600 lb GVWR of my '98 2500 and the former 1500HDs. I think the new 4.5 dmax would be a perfect time to bring back the 1500HD w/ the 6.5' bed.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Why not just stick with the 6.6 and the 2500HD with 6.5' bed. I love mine. unless they would get about 25 mpg

·
Registered
80 Posts
If they would offer a K1500 HD Z71 shortbed, I'd consider buying new. That or put the diesel in a Tahoe 4x4...

As it is, though, I'm better off fixing what I have...

·
Registered
35 Posts
They did have some pics at the SEMA show with a Denali Package with a diesel. Not sure if it was the 1500, or the 2500. Did look like big bucks anyways.

·
Registered
351 Posts
All in all GM just needs to offer more options in terms of what motor, what trans, what size truck. It would be nice to check of some options on the sheet that actually built "your" truck.

·
Registered
247 Posts
The Denali HD at SEMA had the 6.6 and Allison in it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts