Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was told that the 310 hp and 590 lbs of torque were attained with just programming/chip. Is this true? If so, can I go to the dealer and pick up a chip? Just curious.

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
Errr, not quite that simple, Stringer!
I assume you are referring to the "new #'s" being those of the LLY engine vs. the LB7 engine? The LLY has modified heads, remounted injectors, a variable-vane turbocharger and a cooled EGR system - just to name a few. That's a lot more than "just a chip!" The significant differences in the engines mean that much of the new technology is not backwardly compatible to our LB7 engines, either. Now, there ARE a lot of aftermarket chips and tuner options available to us for the LB7 that can give you that much increase in HP and torque or more. I recommend you do some reading in the Power & Performance section for that!
Edited by: Idle_Chatter

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
The word is, that programming alone gained this on the LLY, but the hardware changes (turbo) that were added support it. This is not backwards compatible with the LB7 engine as it is quite different.

There is good news though as there are a whole host of upgrades for the LB7 taking it across 400HP and much higher quite easily...

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
Wow.... programming alone to get 10 hp. Who would have imagined

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Idle_Chatter: variable vane turbo like the 6.0 Powerstroke uses? Didn't know that. Anyways, don't want to go all out on the hp side, just want the low-end torque.

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
Yep, and you can get that 10 hp and more with just STICKERS, Hoot!

(Oooops! looking at my previous post it's supposed to be a COOLED Egr! de-heated, de-heated!) Gotta love that Edit feature!
Edited by: Idle_Chatter

1 - 6 of 6 Posts