Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i had a working Neucleus for about a week then it stopped working and so did XM. Had an "XM Error" message like it wasn't connecting. I uninstalled the unit and XM worked just fine. I went ahead and reconnected the neucleus because i read that sometimes the XM just needs to "see" the headunit again because its connected through a t-harness and gets confused. So it worked fune after that. Another week later and now nothing has been working. I re-installed and nothing. I called tech and they said the version software was old and would stop working like that. Seems odd... but okay. My problem now is that the XM is directly connected but the Nav won't display the info, like its not getting a class 2 or something?? It will simply display station number and song title. It won't say the artist name and the "info" button is disabled in the menu. I've re-connected XM a few times and its still the same thing. Bought another Neucleus and its also an old version, so that one didn't even work.

Anyone go through this with a version earlier than 5.3??
I'm also worried it may have damaged the radio or XM?? BEN!!!

Good to be back...
-- Rick

·
Registered
17 Posts
Same thing happened to me!! It worked for about 3 months. Then I got the " XM error" message. I had sirius Sir-gm1 daisy chain through the nucleus. When the nuclues took a dump, the radio didn't recognize sirius, as well! I removed the neucleus and plugged the sirius directly into my TNR. Sirius continued to work. I bought another Neucleus, but haven't had a chance to connect it.

How can you tell if you have an updated version?
Where did you purchase your unit?

·
Banned
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is a version number on the back. I bought my initial unit from ShipSound and picked up the latest one locally through Tweeter's. I'll be calling them tomorrow to get the situation ironed out. My main concern at this point is the Nav not recogniting the XM data... for instance the artist name and "info" button lock-out. Any ideas on that one??

The company is not very willing to replace any units. I called up tech last time i had an issue and i basically got a "well you didn't buy it from us... so tough sh*t" kind of answer. I won't be taking it this time now that i have a brand new unit that won't even work... i'm thinking maybe damage to the radio??

-- Rick

·
Banned
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
v5.03

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
I doubt it damaged the radio or XM box...

·
Banned
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just got off the phone with tech and here's what they said...

Versions 4 work fine!! I have 4v55-001 and 008. He said 008 isn't the best, but 001 is good for our app.
The T-harness (XM vehicles) has a pc board inline before it connects to the Neucleus box. Remove that PC board ad all shuld be good. Its just a board shrink rapped with a 6" length to it.

I'm heading off to lunch, but i'll give it a shot and let you know how i made out.

-- Rick

·
Banned
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I removed the PC board and installed the 4V55-001 and it works perfectly!! Still don't have my XM data stream or "info" button but oh well... i'm satisfied for now. I've got leaking transmission lines, so i've got my hands full :rolleyes:

Fernandez... hope that helps!!

-- Rick

1 - 8 of 8 Posts