Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3500 dually owners--- will nerf bars keep the rocks from hitting rear fender and chipping the paint.

Geno

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
nope. Nurf bars offer very little protection.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Have them on my truck and I concur with Max Power .... Jim

·
Registered
199 Posts
Anyone know who makes the best "wheel to wheel" nerf bars??
Tom

·
Registered
227 Posts
I've got the GM bars on mine, which I put on after I bought the truck. I could have ordered the same bar on the truck and it would have been a little cheaper, but I didn't. I liked the GM bars because they have one continuous pad instead of two individual pads on the top of the bar.

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
IMO the best bars are the Westin signature series chrome plated stainless steel.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I went with the Westin chromed stainless, w-to-w, based on other users saying they're rustproof. Not that rust is much of a problem here in So. Calif.

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
Yep they are rust proof. Chrome plated so they are always shiny with no corrosion and if the chrome chips, there is stainless steel underneath. I wouldn't put anything but on my truck.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I'd really like to put a set of the GM bars on my Crew Cab. As mentioned above, they have the step pad run continuous along the nerf bar. From what GM advertises, the bars are chrome plated stainless. The only part I can't swallow is their price....around $600 from the dealer. Does anyone know who makes these for GM?

·
Registered
227 Posts
I don't know who makes the bars for GM. They are stainless steel and can get them in chrome or black. That was the selling point for me, plus because they had the single step pad on the top.

My dad is a retired dealership employee where I do business. They treat me very, very well there. I didn't pay that much more for them than I could have bought the Westins for.

·
Registered
410 Posts
you might want to look into westin oval chrome steps...they are alittle wider than the tubes and might offer more protection...i will admit they dont dseem to be as strong as my brothers chrome westin tubes.. but they are fine for me and guaranteed for ever..later, bc

1 - 11 of 11 Posts