Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up the 2004 Crewcab this weekend and I'm ready to do the lift.

I need some ideas for wheels. I'm looking for 16x10 Chrome.

Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Jason,
I am kinda curious about your truck, if you don't mind me asking. What color do you have? Do you like the auto climate and the XM? Who did you have put in the sunroof for you? Do you got any pictures you could post? Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey bowtiebob, I have to tell you I love the Auto climate control and the XM. I listen to the XM all the time and when my 3 free months end I'll probably sign up for the service.

The auto climate control, I'm still learning the ins and outs. It's definitely nice!!

I haven't had the sunroof put in yet (next week). Since they are going to be redoing my headliner, I'm putting in the Homelink overhead console (can't understand why it's not standard with the LT) because it's a little smaller than the OHC that comes with the CC's. This will allow them to mount the Sunroof closer to the front without moving the overhead console, plus I want Homelink.

I'm also going to put in the lighted sunvisors and complete the kit for the 2003-up lighted sunvisor kit.

I figure I'll drop it off to have the sun roof put in next week. Takes a good day.

Classic soft trim is doing the installation. I've seen their work and it is awesome!! They do excellent work. If you know me, if the work impresses me, then it's good.

Of course, let me get MY truck back first.

I'll definitely post pictures once i get it back.

·
Banned
6,541 Posts
Definately chrome.... do not get polished aluminum unless you like polishing aluminum.

Be very careful of wheel dia and backspacing when using suspension lifts. Certain sizes will hit the replacement spindle.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Jason,

Talk to your dealer before you make major wheel and tire changes. A bunch of guys have had problems with warranty stuff over that issue.

Still have your photo, should I repost??

Waiting on my '04 3500 to get here then I'll get with you on Necessary updates from JP.

Note from DMaxAlliTech http://dieselplace.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=284&PN=1

Regards,

BobEdited by: Son of a gun

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Bob, thanks for the tip. Unfortunately I don't have the diesel or the Allison and with the 7" lift I won't be able to run the stock wheels/tires.

I'm not really worried about warranty claims. I plan on putting the Predator Programmer on the truck to adjust all the changes.

Can't wait. It's getting closer (the lift that is).

I also decided on the wheels. Going with the Weld EVO Velociti XT 16x10's

They look close to this.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts