Diesel Place banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to find the right tool to force exhaust regens. Here is the kicker, this is for four short buses with the LGH, not your regular silverado LML. I tried an edge CTS2 I had, but it didn't work. What others might there be?

Thanks-

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
The Edge units that are not tuners, just monitors like the CTS2, will not force regens, according to what EDGE told me. So I don't think it's LGH vs LML that is the problem

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Any of the decent scan tools on the market should be able to do it.

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
The snap on scanners will do it, they are costly though.

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
The CTS2 will not work with vans just trucks.

·
Registered
279 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
A $265 chinese clone of the Tech2 will do this and hundreds of other things. Clone works 100% as the original. Had mine for 5+ years. If you have 4 LGH vans, having a GM factory scan tool is a no brainer with all the frequent check engine lights.
For example: US $197.5 21% OFF|For GM Tech2 Card Car Diagnostic Tool Obd2 Scanner Black Tech 2 Scanner For GM For SAAB For OPEL For SUZUKI For ISUZU For Holden|Auto Key Programmers| - AliExpress
Or get them on eBay

·
Registered
230 Posts
This is exactly what you need, make sure it's a IQ2, as this is a great tool to force a re-gen

·
Registered
3,489 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Not when its on sale

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
So is the sale price in the ballpark of the everyday cost of one with a Nexiq sticker ?

·
Registered
230 Posts
the Nexiq unit, you have to purchase the software to do the forced re-gen as an add-on, where the blue-point it comes as standard software when you purchase.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Heres one for $400 that says it will force regen on the Express Vans.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts