Diesel Place banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here I am at 101K miles, 90K of which were juiced. Long story short my transmission is getting pretty sloppy 1-2 and 3-4 it seems the worst. It needs a rebuild. However here are my issues. I dont want a stage 4or 5 etc....I am only running an edge box, and dont plan on putting any more power to her than I am now. I want to be able to once in a while do a 10lb boost launch, a couple 1/4 miles here and there, but also be able to tow a 7,000 lb trailer of lawn mowers and snow plow. Its made it this far anyways stock. How would I be if I just did the clutches, Trans-Go and maybe a single or triple disc convertor. Basically what I am getting at is I want something better than stock....but make it another 100k. I dont want to do this twice. What options do I have? My tranny guy said about a grand to rip it out rebuild and smash back in. So with clutches ( couple hundred bucks? factory clutches) And a torque convertor 1000-1200? Im looking at less than $3000. Any ideas opinions Will it work, or on the 1st 10lb launch will I roast C1....Trucks paid off. I want the bang for the buck, but not be a ******* and regret it 10,000 miles down the road.
TIA
Bill

·
Registered
16,973 Posts
You can talk to Eric and do a nice Stage 2 or you can pull it put a transgo kit and some Alto clutches with a converter and that should be fine. Talk to Eric and Mike and they will be able to help you out.. Good luck..

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
SC III is 2150 + 1000 for the install =3150 for a damn good tranny. It will hold more than the edge alone can put to it.

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Bill,

My SC-III holds way more than you'll ever push through the tranny, that should cover what you want to do just fine.

If you need help lemme know,

T:D NY

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
If all you are going to run is a 90HP Juice box then a fresh set of Borg Warner clutches a Transgo kit and Booster
valve that you already should have that I sold you many moons ago and a single disk converter should and
will foot the bill nicely.

You probably wont need all the clutches anyway.C3 and C4,I'll bet opening up the rotating assembly
will be a waste of time.

You probably should just put it in fast learn,reset the tap cells and see how it feels,probably all you need till your ready.

Forget all the rest of the nonsense if your not going to turn the wick up.Even for what I purpose for a upgrade,I sell you
my Hot juice with Attitude,it'll be fine with that too Bro.

That would be your most economical choice for what you want to do.

Forget all these Transmission salesmen. :D

Married yet?

·
Premium Member
20,556 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts