Diesel Place banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any one living in up state ny with efi live that could flash my truck to the stock tune? I have superchip and the truck is stuck in tow/performance mode. Superchip has unlocked the tunner for me but when I try to upload it, it says not stock tune. I don't want to have the dealer do it because I only have 13000 miles on the od, and still have alot of warenty left. Any help would be great.
:thankyou2

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I take it no one else lives in up state NY with EFI Live? I will just have to be the first one.:clap:But I have to wait until the end of January.:mad:

·
Vendor
9,677 Posts
My best advice in this situation is to have the reflash performed with a Tech 2 as this will be YOUR stock tune. With EFI Live you could likely find a stock tune that matches, but again with the Tech 2 you'd have the correct one. This is how I begin all of my custom tunes, by loading the stock tune, reading it with EFI Live and backing up as a read only file. If you were to send me the ECM I could do it.

The way these handheld tuners can act some times I am a strong advocate of tuning on a core ECM and keep the stock unit unaltered...

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info, I will bring it to A dealer and have them reflash it.I didn't want to do it that way because of my warenty, but I have no choice.:mad: I should have never used this programer.:banghead:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts