Diesel Place banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to install my Sirius hardwire tuner in to the factory head unit. I have seen it mentioned on this site , and iam thinking of ordering it and would like to know if it will work for sure, anyone sucessfully used it? also iam told that if you remove the factory unit ,the doorchimes will not work and an adapter will be needed.....any info on this will be really helpfull!!

Thanx
:)

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
which factory unit.....i have the sound gate and it is plug and play and you just need to add power

·
Registered
363 Posts
On my GM TNR unit it works just fine. Instructions are included with the Soundgate adapter, and are easy to understand.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Ive got the same setup...................works great. I did have one interface crap out on me but other than that no issues. Love the factory look with nothing hanging off the dash. Not sure on the door chime thing but mine still work as they did before.........

·
Registered
363 Posts
Also, I used Soundgate model# KNGM1. For the Sirius tuner I used model# SIR-KEN1. Both units are plug and play, you just need CONTINUOUS power to the Soundgate yellow wire and ground to the black. Pretty simple installation. So far I really like this setup. :ro)

·
Registered
363 Posts
I only wish my door chimes would go away!! They are very loud and annoying. Some day I will find a fix for them!! :D

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
On my GM TNR unit it works just fine. Instructions are included with the Soundgate adapter, and are easy to understand.
Awsum... i just had my stereo shop order the adapter today,iam glad to hear that it works,how does it interface with the the factory unit as far as catagories and changing channels.
the vault rocks!!
:)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ive got the same setup...................works great. I did have one interface crap out on me but other than that no issues. Love the factory look with nothing hanging off the dash. Not sure on the door chime thing but mine still work as they did before.........
Iwas told today that Soundgate is still working to improve it and now they are up to -7 on the part number of modifications to it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts