Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am doing the OPS relay mod seen here- http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=268296

I need a 2nd relay to control the other two lift pumps for the WVO system (both pumps run at the same time and run off ONE pin on the second relay #1 is to pull from the WVO tank and #2 is before the IP to insure adequate pressure at highway speeds and at WOT).

I followed the mod on page 6 of the above thread showing how to wire it so that I still take the load off of the OPS AND am able to have a selector relay for the pumps.

See the attached pic. I can't get both the OE and WVO pumps to work off of the 2nd realy. And the only way I can get the OE LP to run is to wire the gray wire from the OPS BACKWARDS so that the wire going to the lift pump is on pin 86 of relay #1 and the OPS wire is on pin 87a of relay #2 (See the attached diagram). If I wire it the way page 6 says the OE pump doesn't run but the WVO pumps do when I power the switch.

What is wrong with my wiring? I tried a NEW relay and it still behaved the same.

Attachments

• 1.9 MB Views: 942

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is the pic embedded-

·
Registered
2 Posts
This has come up during a few conversations and many search results. I thought I should post the correct version of the wiring. The first diagram will turn off the LP when the WVO is requested. The second diagram will run the LP all the time and the WVO when requested.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts