Diesel Place banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
a family friend is selling off his dad's machine shop equipment. I would like to take a try at buying it if I can swing it . problem is we want to be fair about price. Today I am going to call jet dealer with model #'s to see if I can find out what new would be and what these sold for back in the 70's when his dad bought them. his dad past away 6 or so years ago. there is some tooling . I know little about machining but have lots of buddies who make a living at it . but I want prices that are unbias to either of us. what is your thoughts on the prices. they were bought new by the current owner's dad , have not been moved and never did production work. the lathe is a Jet 1240pd three phase and as it states it will turn a 12"x 40"bed. the milling machine is a model JVM-942K and is also a Jet and is three phase. I have three phase on the farm .

Attachments

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
talked to a jet dealer said maybe hard to get parts for that old of machines. they had a new 1340 220v lathe delivers to my door for $3550 and a vertical mill for $4000 plus about a $1500 worth of tooling to get a start. time to figure out what they are worth to me now.????????????

1 - 2 of 2 Posts