Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinking of getting a GT42R and Flux 5 injectors. I want to know what you guys think of the turbo. My brother is on this site MAX707 and he said people on here know about that turbo.

·
Registered
327 Posts
McRat is testing the gt42r, ask him for test, but go to ppe fer specs...

·
Registered
12,036 Posts
It's not considered a street charger on a 5.9 Cummins.

It's pretty nice on a Dmax though, since it has more displacement and better flow.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
I thought the charger you already have is the "cats azz" for the dodges? Sure sounds like you have one impressive truck!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HEY McRat

My brother max707 on here says your the man when It comes to the duramax and tesitng the GT42R. SO what do you think about this charger for a dodge. Can you get a little more specific on how it might run on a dodge. I know your only testing with a Dmax but maybe you can give me some sort of Idea. Thanks a lot McRat and good luck it sounds like your allmost to a 100HP go diesel power.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
It is one ofthe biggest turbos we run and flows 1200cfm. For your dodge the ball bearing upgrade is definately neccissary to help spool. You will not be able to tow with this charger,and streetability may be hindered, but it might make a good racing/pulling charger.

If I were you Id run this as a big charger with your stock charger as your small in a compound twin setup. It looks like your truck is ready for someting like this!! Singles cant compete with twins when they are setup right.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts