Diesel Place banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It seems my truck surges @ idle in drive. Took it to the dealer when the service engine light came on. They changed the fuel filter and said they cleaned the e.g.r. valve,and ordered a new one. Any thoughts on any thing else being wrong or i should have them check.
It's an 04 xcab short box w/ 47,000 @ get 16 m.p.g. around town.
Also what mild mods. should i do, being conservitive.it's an lb7

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
As far as the surge goes it could be a fuel pressure regulator. Some of the earlier years had trouble ( mine included ) and were replaced. Seeing as yours is an 04 though I was thinking they already had the newer FPR's. Did the dealer or does your paperwork say what code set the SES light. Something like Pxxxx... it might tell you something. Is your's an LB7 or LLY engine?......one of the other guys will have to tell you about mods as I'm a stocker. You could search for Edge, Attitude etc. and read all day....good luck and welcome!

·
Registered
511 Posts
I get a slight surge at idle also when my truck is in drive, but it's never tripped the SES light. A Tech told me it was the FPR, but it wasn't worth the cost of replacing it if it wasn't bothering me too much. It's funny you said you have an EGR valve ordered. I have one ordered too to cure a P0404 code. I should just re-install my EGR blocker plate & forget about it, but I'm going to sell the truck soon, & I don't want the SES light showing all the time.

I personally like my Edge better than my Predator, so that's the "mild mod" I'd recommend. It sure wakes the truck up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.