Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to buy/order the high idle parts for this weekend install. I also need the white cap for the front diff and synthetic install.

Can I use a broken drill bit or nail for the high idle pin? Any substitute out there?

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Then I would hustle down to the dealer pick up Terminal GM part #12084913 .... Go to auto parts store get some 20 gauge wire and perhaps a momentary switch and fuse tap ..... Or forget the switch and tap the Dk Grn/Wht, on the Stop Lamp Switch to he TCM ....

Mac

·
Registered
84 Posts
Mackin if i don't use a switch and use the stop lamp switch. do i just run a wire from c-71 right too the dark green/white wire?

Just want to make sure before i do this.

·
Registered
463 Posts
BlackZ71 said:
Mackin if i don't use a switch and use the stop lamp switch. do i just run a wire from c-71 right too the dark green/white wire?

That is exactly how to do it...No switch is needed. BTW, ProblemChild, I used the terminal itself to puncture the yellow insulation, and I put a dab of dielectric grease on it to help keep moisture out.

KevinEdited by: Fireman

·
Registered
84 Posts
Fireman said:
BlackZ71 said:

That is exactly how to do it...No switch is needed. BTW, ProblemChild, I used the terminal itself to puncture the yellow insulation, and I put a dab of dielectric grease on it to help keep moisture out.

Kevin
Well that's easy enough

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
None of the dealers withing 50 miles have the parts, I called all of them. Thats why Im asking here!

·
Registered
276 Posts
problemchild said:
None of the dealers withing 50 miles have the parts, I called all of them. Thats why Im asking here!

My dealer has 4 of them, because they charged me $3 for just one!!, I wasn't about to buy the whole pack of 5!!

cadman_ks

·
Registered
81 Posts
If you have a salvage yard close,ask them if they have a piece of a Transmission harness with plug in off a GM vehicle with a 4L60e Transmission take the connector apart at the teminals and you can use the wire with the connector already crimped,worked great in mine Plus I have plenty extras,you will just have to splice a longer wire

1 - 9 of 9 Posts