Diesel Place banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm looking for GM part # ( yes 2 more).
The parts sit at the bottom of the fuel filter housing. Part 2 appears to be the fuel heater (correct me if I'm wrong), but I don't know what part 1 is for and how it is called.

Part 1.jpg Part 2.jpg

We need the GM parts # so we can then buy these parts. We found that these parts are the culprits in leakage.
Some say that because of ULSD, the seals inside get "dry" and then leaks.

Thank you for your help.

·
Registered
936 Posts
The part is the WATER IN FUEL SENSOR !

see below :
Water in Fuel Sensor

Sorry,but i don't know the part number.

LMC Truck :
94-98 6.5 TD / Part# 32-3425 / 149,95 US-$ ea.

Cu,
Sven

·
Registered
441 Posts
all you need is a new o ring and the leak should stop

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's what we thougth, but it appears that the fuel is coming from the inside of the heater, and we had one case where the fuel was coming out of the "water in fuel sensor" (thanks Sven ;) )

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
There is a lathe cut fuel seal on the fuel filter manager heater at the bottom that will leak fuel externally. Fuel drops into the block valley & drains to the road. Seal available from GM ,part # GM 12511962 .

·
Forum Troll
5,969 Posts
Walt sells the whole fuel manager assy for 185$. Kind of a rip but if you can't fix the old one probably better than GM. Looking at ChveyLs post it might be cheaper to buy the whole thing.

·
Forum Troll
5,969 Posts
Just a thought but while you have this out anyway good time for "feed the beast" mod. I can swing by the stealer and get him to look up the part#s if you need. Guys pretty cool. PM me if you need that. I think I saw the heater as a separate item when I saw the exploded view a few weeks ago. I was trying to get the screen. GM doesn't show it. I had to buy it from Walt.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
The 1999/2000 trucks have a very different water pump & a screw on fan clutch hub. The water impeller is a precision casting that is machined to close tolerance to maximize the internal efficiency of the pump. A better clutch hub from a 2006 LBZ is a direct fit on the screw on mounting. I've seen in print the LBZ fan starts engaging sooner & keeps the water temp stable by slowly increasing the amount of lockup in relation to the air temp behind the radiator. It doesn't slam on all at once when the water temp reaches 210/220 degrees as the prevous designs do. Very important for not affecting the constant temperature the engine needs to prevent cracks ,coolant leaks& outright engine block failures. Some folks call the 99/2000 pump a "marine water pump".They have GM casting numbers though!!! Personally I think the Robert Shaw 180 degree thermostats are another worthy addition also.Available from JKDiesel.

·
Registered
565 Posts
now would be a good time to buy a good filter and seperator and by pass the old filter.

Did mine several yeasr ago and works well.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's a thing to consider. Wich setup did you choose?

·
Forum Troll
5,969 Posts
The part # for the heater element it 12511964 at the low stealer price of 173.96
The part # for the element seal is 12511962 at low stealer price of 5.03.
:rippedhan
A total rip off if you ask me. I'd go junkyard or get the whole assembly new from Walt. He gets 185$ for it brand new. Either that or can it and put a Racor on it.

·
Registered
441 Posts
i just sae one oe e bay for i think 55bucks

·
Premium Member
1995 Chevrolet Silverado Z71 6.5 TD
150 Posts
Never Forget Those Who Gave ALL:

now would be a good time to buy a good filter and seperator and by pass the old filter.

Did mine several yeasr ago and works well.

Never Forget Bro: :saluteusa:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts