Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I need some recommendations for paint to apply to my gauge pod.

I am planning on going down to my local NAPA and see if they can color match the pewter interior trim color.

Any words of wisdom on color numbers, brand, prepping tips, good beer?

·
Registered
306 Posts
About al I can Add from my experience....

Plastic prep 'paint/coating' 10-20 min before top color coat followed by a liberal amount of Guiness. Repeat as necessary.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I went down to my local paint dealer and he matched it - had to buy a quart though and a quart of primer - only bad thing is that it is a semi-gloss - at least it matches.

2004 GMC 2500HD EC LB D/A (LB7); GMC bed liner;Air Lift Super Duty air bags; Michelin LT265/75-R16 LTX M/S ;Luverne Running boards; Bilstein shocks; Delvac 1300; Isspro gauges.

Towing a 2004 Everest 291L 5<SUP>th wheel</SUP>

·
Registered
644 Posts

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input guys.

I can't believe the quiet people here. You know, there aren't too many guys give their opinions on things.

I think my NAPA store sells DuPont paint products.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Guys, I found an easier way. My next door neighbor owns a big body shop.

I stopped in his office on the way home from work. He said no problem custom matching and will attach the overlay properly for a good clean fit to the A pillar cover.

It always pays to do the obivous first.

Plus, I needed some touch up paint for my wifes Jeep anyhow.

·
Registered
408 Posts
8.1GASSER.........Were You Been Guy?

·
Registered
644 Posts
Just laying low...waiting for the damn weather to break to roll out the HD...had knee surgery in Dec. so the truck has been undercover for the whole winter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts