Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need your opinions guys before i take the plunge.Stock 2005 lly edge ez or pred 2.02 want it for everyday driving and some towing on weekends.What do ya think??

·
Registered
363 Posts
Need your opinions guys before i take the plunge.Stock 2005 lly edge ez or pred 2.02 want it for everyday driving and some towing on weekends.What do ya think??
Do you want to be able to remove the top speed limiter?
Reset the speedo for taller tires?
Read and clear DTC?

Or do you want on the fly selectable power?

Decide which is best for you.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I'm extremely happy with V2.02 of the Predator. Since I'm running stock everything except tires, I leave it at 40HP. It has just enough kick to wake the truck up without tearing anything up.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Do you want to be able to remove the top speed limiter?
Reset the speedo for taller tires?
Read and clear DTC?

Or do you want on the fly selectable power?

Decide which is best for you.
I think you hit the nail right on the head. :exactly:

·
Registered
320 Posts
I've had the pred 2.02 now for a week. Running the 65hp tune and it's amazing the power difference. Truck runs beautifully on this tune and won't go any higher without tranny mods.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info guys! Any opinions on the edge ez?

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
The EZ has a good reputation, but I really think the Predator is the best value. You get more variety, it increases boost to keep EGTs down when pulling heavy, and you can scan codes reasonably well.

The only think the EZ really has over the Predator is Edge's excellent warranty and switch-on-the-fly.

You won't go wrong with either setup IMHO.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I'm running the EZ and boost stick and am happy so far. Pull a 5000lb trailer every day and this combo works well for that.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I'm extremely happy with V2.02 of the Predator. Since I'm running stock everything except tires, I leave it at 40HP. It has just enough kick to wake the truck up without tearing anything up.
Exactly!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts