Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Several people I know rave about the Pros can’t get much info about the Yokohama’s. Anyone have input? I hear of people getting 50k+ out of the Pros.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
There’s no way I could get close to 50 on my set of ST Maxx tires, so I don’t know how you would get that many out of a more aggressive tire that will obviously see aggressive off road use. I’d have to check my log, but I think I only have 15K on my ST Maxx and I ended up pulling them off because I had a big trip out to the west coast hauling a heavy trailer and didn’t want to kill them. Even though I’m off road quite a bit I have a hard time running that kind of tire on the street, it’s just a waste, they’re noisy, handle poorly, kill mileage, etc. My brother in law ran the Pros but I remember he didn’t love them. He’s off road a lot but he ended up going to the Toyo RTS which has better street manners. I’m sure you’re in some pretty nasty stuff regularly so if you need an aggressive tire like the Pro he did say they were good off road, I don’t remember what kind of mileage he got out of them though.

·
Super Moderator
5,988 Posts
I have a set of STT Pros mounted on a set of vision wheels in 285/65r18, I put them on when I NEED traction for hunting etc. When I am done needing them I take them off and put on my other set of tires and wheels which are Dick Cepek Trail Country EXP in 285/65R18 on ultra predator wheels. The STT Pros are awesome in the mud and snow for traction, on the road, they are a bit on the noisy side, not horrible, but enough that my wife doesn't care for the noise. I am very happy with the Cepeks for a hybrid tire. Not bad on noise, wearing very well even towing very heavy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts