Diesel Place banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got into a little accident this winter and pretty much totalled my bed. So I was wondering if anyone knew where a good place to get one woudl be. The whole thing is so tweaked that there isnt any saving it. The frame is ok however. painted or unpainted doesnt really matter, but my factory color is like a maroon I guess.

·
Bac To The Future
23,029 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Go to the Yellow pages and look for outfits that put flatbeds and utility boxes on pickups. They usually have a stack of take-off beds that they will sell. I know my local place does.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the thoughts. The only place I know of that does flatbeds and stuff doesnt have any stock beds, so Im not sure where they put them.

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
AKDoug;1602145; said:
Go to the Yellow pages and look for outfits that put flatbeds and utility boxes on pickups. They usually have a stack of take-off beds that they will sell. I know my local place does.
Check with local body shops also, we have a few around here that sell truck beds after installing utility beds/flatbeds. :)

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Go to a junk yard and find a truck that is wadded in the front

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I would recommend www.car-part.com also, I know there is a place in washington that sells alot of beds and cabs for full size trucks, you should be able to find one on their any color you want!! Have fun, Jonathan

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have been looking around alot an am having trouble finding places that sell them. It doesnt even have to be in perfect condition, just reasonably priced. What really frustratin right now is I cant open my tailgate cuz the bed is so tweaked.

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
I know for a fact monroe truck bodies have tons of them any color you can think of though shipping would kill you.

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
There is a white one sitting in a business that I drive by that removed it for take-offs... Not sure how far you are wanting to go to get it though..

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If its in Texas that may be a bit far, trying to avaoid spending $1000 on fuel... :)

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Try Spalding Auto Parts in Spokane Washington, their number is 1-800-366-2070 on car-part.com they show that they have about 6 of them for $1,000 to $1500

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Here is another place called A-1 auto supply in Springfield OR that has a white take off for only $1500 without the tailgate. Their number is 1-888-541-5921

1 - 14 of 14 Posts