Diesel Place banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put my tranny back together and filled it. It will go into drive, reverse, and park. However when I go down the road it will not shift out of first gear and the speedo isn't reading anything. Than that set off my ABS warning light. I have checked all the speed sensors conectors and wiring everything is conected. Does anyone have any ideas what this could be????
If you do I can be reached at 608-513-8337 I will be out in the shop trying to figure this out.
Thanks. Jon Conway.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
It's an output speed sensor problem. Sometimes if you don't push the connectors on straight it will bend the terminals inside. Also check the wiring to the sensor. Sometimes the sensor harness will get caught on the tranny when lowering it and it will stretch the wire insulation but break the wires inside.Edited by: GMCSID

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, well after calming down I was able to confirm there was a problem with the output sensor "no speedo" and teck II so checked the sensor it was putting out the correct voltage. traced the wire back, found the conector right where the transmission and transfer case meet for the output sensor when that conector was put together one of the tabs were bent couldn't get it straighen to fit together. Ended up cutting the conector and wiring it together and weather proofing it.
Thanks
Jon

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
How did the transgo go other then that? From start to finish how long did it take, excluding your little problem?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, for starters I did everything on the ground, jacked the truck up about 20 inches in the front only. It was the first time I ever pulled a tranny that size. It took a total of 15hours on friday, 7:30am - 11pm with about a half hour for lunch. The kit went pretty good, I just really took my time and went over things twice. I didn't want to have to pull it and try to find out what I did wrong. The biggest problems I had were, the snap rings on the C3's, C2's and C1 I had to fabricate compressers for each of them. Just an FYI I had a piece of 4" exhaust cut off about 2.5" long that worked perfect for compressing the C1 spring cage. As far as the valve body I had to work with the B trim valve quite a while it was quite sticky even with the trans gel, finaly got it working smoothly. Very pleased with the holding and shifting of this kit.
Jon

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was a 4wd, and make sure you have paper gasket for the transfer case.
Jon

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
big_jon00,

Looks like GMCSID nailed your problem about the output sensor for you!! Well done GMCSID.

GMCSID,

I used to live in your area untiiil about 3 years ago. I get back in your area every once in awhile. Any chance you do side jobs??

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, as far as side jobs, I used up most of my favores getting mine done. I just don't have the facility to do something of that scale I had to use a buddies shop. They work at a shop and well they caught enough hell for letting me do all my own work in their garage from their bose. They aren't allowed to do any side jobs even if it just a friend.... with the only thing being exchanged a few cases of beer

As far as converters I got one from Midwest converters they are out of northern Ill. I believe it was $700-750 "with no core charge" for a single disc rated for 600 hp same as the transgo, it's not a billet cover but the builder asured me that it would hold my application of approx (-)500rwhp & (-)1000ftlbs or less. TST Comp & Duramaximizer, fun stack.

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
We want feed back on that conv. I can claim anything I want but its easier sell if people like it. No core charge confuses me. These cores dont grow on tree's. I know that you can get 8.1 convertor for a dime a dozen... I wonder if thats what it is?

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
SteveNorCal said:
GMCSID,

I used to live in your area untiiil about 3 years ago. I get back in your area every once in awhile. Any chance you do side jobs??

I don't do side jobs. I just don't have the time or the properly equipped garage. I am slowly adding to my home tool collection and eventually I would like to get the garage cleaned out and get an air compressor in there, but with 4 kids there's nothing but bikes, skateboards and anything else you can think of in there.

Edited by: GMCSID

1 - 13 of 13 Posts